Chapter 17

"How Fun + Trial"

"Okay so all I have to do is ..."

You muttered to yourself, beginning to walk around the maze after being rudely pushed in by one of the instructors when they saw you refusing to move.

"Get out of this ..maze."

You sighed before looking around. Surrounded by nothing but endless leaves and branches that reached way above your head for you to climb on.

"This is convenient."

You said, looking back at the watch in your hand as you saw it not moving, even an inch. Was it broken? Did your senpai just trick you into thinking it would help you with whatever problem you had just found yourself in?

You sighed.

Probably.

Hearing a rustle, you looked to the left at where you thought the sound came from.

However, nothing but the green leaves came into view after staring at it for a second or two. You best get going, you thought before speeding up a bit.

Feeling your heart beat heavily and suddenly against your chest as you didn't really know what to do. 

You jumped as a loud and heavy ring resounded throughout wherever you were. A gong, you had guessed by the heavy and resonating sound that followed soon after.

"Zero."

"Huh?"

You hummed, confused as you heard something speak. Zero? You asked yourself as you looked up. What do they mean by zero?

Huh, it suddenly reminded you of another anime you had binge watched before.

You shrugged your shoulders as you began fast walking your way towards whever your feet felt like going. 

Though, as you sped walk your way through the tall grass walls, you stopped yourself and backed up after coming to a dead end when you took a quick right.

"Hm .."

You hummed, before backing up some more after deciding to go to the opposite of where the dead end was.

Another dead end.

Scrunching your brows, you slid a hand down your face in frustration before going back to where you had thought you started and began going another direction from there.

Turn, after turn, after turn, after turn, after turn. And another turn after turn, after turn, after turn, after turn.

And finally.

Another turn, after turn, after turn ..

You stopped and sighed as you rubbed your temples in endless frustration. God, this is taking you nowhere.

You snapped your head to the right, hearing rustling from right beside you as you stood in the middle of three different paths that lead you forward, left or to the right.

It came from the right path, you could see a shadow looming just right beside it.

You stood in your place for a while before realizing what you were doing.

You silently slapped a head against your forehead before hiding behind one of the grass walls, crouching down as you squint your eyes, taking a peak at the growing shadow at that one certain path.