Chapter 19

"Childhood Monsters"

As everyone had managed to pass through the maze-

-in which less than half of the students managed to get themselves beaten half to death, another less than half who got slightly injured and the rest who managed to cross the maze uninjured-

-you sat on the chair in the very front of the class with your pencil still in hand, staring at the board in front of you.

The words of your teacher sounding like nothing but murmurs to you.

After all that, you go back to class like nothing happened?

You had thought to yourself in shock as you couldn't really get yourself to write down the essay of words written on the board.

Mostly because of shock, but otherwise, you really weren't feeling like writing anything at the time.

"[L/N], might there be something wrong with your hand?"

The teacher whispered as he stood in front of your desk with an arm wrapped securely around his clipboard.

What it was for? You didn't bother finding out.

"Nothing sir.."

You murmured back, before writing with whatever motivation you had left.

Your eyes roamed around the classroom and you can't help but see how unbothered they were from the events from below the school.

Though as curious as you were, you can only wonder in silence and continue to listen to the teacher about theorems.

And many more topics you hadn't a single clue were being discussed in class.

---

You opened the door with a squeak.

"Oh, welcome bac-"

"Why are they all so normal??"

You cut her off with an immediate question as yo ushookd her shoulders after grabbing ahold of it with a strong grasp.

"Weren't there students being beat up a while ago?!"

Without even giving a chance to let the pink to green haired female speak, she gently placed both of her hands atop yours.

Grabbing them and slowly placing them off her shoulders, down to hip level.

"This school cannot be exposed if we want it to still be up and running-"

"Why do-?!"

"Because the government doesn't entirely approve of whatever the school had going on."

"Then-"

"This school is mostly to protect the children all over Japan."

You raised a brow.

Protect the children? From who exactly?

"[Y/N]-san.."

She said cautiously as she stared at your own with her bright green eyes.

"Have you ever encountered a 'monster' during childhood?"

You looked at her a bit shock. The question immediately reminded you of the fear you had of the dark.

Mostly of the monsters that could pop out of it at any second. You always had your mother or father 'chase it away' whenever you felt like something was there.

You snapped back to the present as you could see Kanroji still staring at you.

"...yes?"

"What if i were to tell you, they were all real?"

---

"The circle has broken. Quite unfortunate."

Kagaya said with a slightly sad smile as the raven-haired male beside him simply scoffed.

"Unfortunate? If anything, it's good, now that the number of students could possibly decrease."

He said, walking closer to the circle of white that encased the entire school within its borders.

"This school had once had a few students, less than a thousand. Though few, they were all nothing short of strong and promising. Now look what it has decreased to now."

"Don't say that, dear cousin."

Kagaya spoke with a smile as he took a small glance at the male beside him.

"The students today are just as promising as the students before."

"-and yet the majority here can barely keep up with the normal standards. They're so weak the school had to lower the requirements just to be able to accept more students."

"I don't deny that."

His cousin admitted before pouring white grains onto the ground where two lines connect.

"But you can't really know for sure how much one is capable of without actually giving them some time."

"You want me to give them, like what? 100 years before I'll be able to see their 'true' potential?"

"Quite exactly."

He laughed as he stood up and began walking into the corridors of the school.

"If that's how long you're willing to wait."

He scoffed as he looked back at the now fixed circle that stood still in front of him.

"Who the devil knows what's going on inside that man's head."

.

.

.

[TO BE CONTINUED...]

=============