Girls ☑️

3 years later

Nel went to wake up both twins. Abby was already awake and drawing, while Kirstie was still deep in dreamland. When her grandma woke her up, she seemed like she had no idea whether it's real or still a dream.

She chuckled. "Time to get up. You need to get ready for school." Kirstie hid her face in the covers and whined. "Come on up, dad is coming home soon and I want to tell him that he should be very proud of you." Nel smiled.

"He said, he'd be there when we wake up and he wasn't. How can I be sure that he'll really be here soon." She said and turned away from her grandma.

Nel sighed. "I'm sure that he still remembers it and that he's sorry for it." She got her hand on Kirstie's shoulder.

"He always said to not break a promise and he broke it. He always said that drugs are bad, but he had some in his room. He says one thing and does another." Kirstie said with very angry tone.

Nel sighed. "I don't want to be bad grandma, but either you get up and go to school willingly or you will be grounded." She said and left the room. Abby ran right to her side and went with her to the kitchen to eat her breakfast.

Abby wanted to be the best granddaughter, so that they wouldn't have a reason to not like her. What her mother did was enough on it's own. Plus she wanted to have someone with her, because nobody at school wanted to be friends with her. All she could do was watch Kirstie talk with her friends.

After a long while, Kirstie came to get her lunch and went back to her room to pack it. She didn't even say good morning to the rest of them. She had one of those days when she didn't want to listen to anyone because she "took example" from what her father did little over 3 years ago. If nothing goes wrong, he could get out within the next year. Around the same time as his cellmate.

Mike sighed and went after her to talk to her. "Honey, what's going on?" He came in her room and sat on her bed. She turned away from him and went to get her clothes for that day. "Come on, you know you can talk to me."

She looked at him. The clothes were still in her hands. She didn't say a word and went to the bathroom to change. When she got back, her grandfather was still there. Without a word she put her pajamas under her pillow and took her bag. She went to her twin's room. "Are you ready?"

"Just give me a minute, I have to find my wallet." Abby said and looked around, not seeing it on the table.

Kirstie rolled her eyes and sighed. "It's on the table." She said with annoyed tone.

Abby looked at her. "Woke up on the wrong side again?" She smiled as she packed her wallet. "Come here." She walked to her sister and gave her a hug.

Kirstie rolled her eyes and hugged her sister. "Sometimes your optimism and happiness can be a bit annoying." She huffed and pushed her sister away.

Abby gave her a look. "Don't be like that. If nothing goes wrong, we're going to celebrate our birthday with dad again."

"You realize that you haven't celebrated anything with him. You two found out about one another and soon after he was gone." She said and went to put her shoes on.

Abby rolled her eyes. "He did his best to show me that I'm not any less of his daughter just because our mother hid me from you two." She went after her sister.

"And then he broke a promise. So much for always saying the truth." She murmured.

Abby gave her a look. "I see, this is one of those days when you think that he did it all on purpose and that allows you to act like a brat. Okay then." She said and went ahead.

Kirstie went after her. "What's that supposed to mean?" She shoved her sister.

"That you're just like our mom. Trying to excuse what she's doing by saying someone else did something bad too. Think about it and then shove me. Until then we have school to go to so that our dad can be proud of what we've managed to do while he wasn't around." She said and started walking again.

Kirstie went after her. "Say it again and I will hurt you."

Abby shook her head. "Exactly what I'm talking about. Do you think he would be happy to hear that you're doing something like this?" She said. "I think he would be very disappointed. Especially knowing that during the time he raised you, I was with out mom only." She said and walked into the building, getting lost in the crowd before Kirstie could say anything.

Kirstie shook her head and went her way. She had enough of everyone saying stuff like that. After all her father was in prison for basically the same as her mother, she was so disappointed that she felt like they were miles apart on the emotional side of things. She lost her moral boundaries.

For the rest of the day at school, Abby did her best to avoid her twin and her group of friends, but since they are classmates it was mostly impossible. The problem came right before the last class. What Abby said in the morning, was eating Kirstie's mind the whole day.

Kirstie got pissed even more over her sister's accusations. Before the last class, Kirstie walked up to her twin and pushed her to a wall. "You are my worst nightmare. Everything became a mess the second you came to our lives." She hissed.

Abby sighed. "Yeah, I see that. You went from our dad, who did everything to make us the best and happiest, all the way to our mother, who always lied and put herself before us." She got Kirstie's hands off her shoulders. "Just because you don't like what I'm saying, I won't start lying to you and say that you're someone you actually are not." She walked by her and went to get what she needed to be able to leave right out of the class and go home.

Kirstie got pissed even more, but she knew that if she continued at the moment, she would prove her sister that she was right. She didn't want that. Not after those accusations. She didn't want her twin to win. She didn't want it so much that she didn't see that either way Abby was going to win.

________________________________

I hope y'all don't hate me for this. But honestly, I wouldn't blame you if you do. But either way thank you for reading and see you soon in one of my books. But I don't know which, because all over again, I'm doing bunch release. Along with this you can read 3 new chapters of Fight For U(s) + new baby in book One-shots + 3 chapters of A Stare

See y'all soon with something new along with those fellas that are in this bunch :)

Love y'all,
Alex
20.08. 2021