False Alarm ☑️

"Princess, are you here?" Mitch walked to his daughter's room. "I know, you don't want to go, but girls will be there too. Auntie Kimy has to go to doctor." Kirstie was so mad.

"But Maggie wiw be mean again." She pouted. "And Betty wiw be taking evewything I take away fwom me."

"Then tell it to the teacher. They can't do anything like this to you and if it won't work, I will have talk with their parents." Kirstie pouted again.

"Why can't I go to wowk with you? I wiw be good." Mitch sighed.

"Because I won't be near you to make sure you're safe along with girls. It will be only till lunch. Then you will take a nap and I'll come for you three." A tear rolled down her face. "It will be like with auntie Kimy, but with more kids." She hugged him and snuggled to his chest. "Do you want to go to uncle Greg instead?"

"Giwls don't like him, because..." she got so quiet, that Mitch didn't hear her. She knew, that girls didn't want others to know anything.

"I know they don't and it makes uncle Greg very sad. He loves them as much as his wife."

"But they heawd them once and he shaid, that they can't be hish. They think, he wiw lie to them," she whispered.

"He would never do such a thing to his girls. Come here, if I promise to take you to the movies, will you go to kindergarten?" She shook her head. "Princess, I need to be at work and I can't and don't want to leave you all alone, so either you will be with uncle Greg or go to kindergarten. There's no other way." She looked down at her feet and went to bed. She snuggled into the blanket and he sighed. "Good night sweet cheeks." He kissed her head. He left her room sadly and went to his bed. What she said kept his head in thoughts.

His phone rang and he quickly picked it up, before it could wake up his little angel. "Hey, just letting you know, that girls will be there at 6. If you want, I can go get them after my appointment. Girls don't even want to go."

"Kirstie doesn't want it either, but when I said that either that or they will stay with uncle Greg, she was quiet. She doesn't want it either and I don't know what to do. Mom and dad won't be able to get here so quickly," he rubbed his forehead.

"What if you would go after lunch? I should be done by then."

"I can't. I'm already working double. No matter what, I won't be home for hours longer than usually. I want to stay here with her like always, because she's my little queen and it's always bad to be away from her for so long, but I have to work more this week. I will be coming home around 6 in the evening. She'll be sleeping by then or getting ready to go to bed." He felt like crying. He wanted to be with her all the time before she will leave. She was his everything.

"Are you there?"

"Sorry, I got lost in thoughts. What did you say?"

"That I don't know, how you want to keep her home. All she will be doing is asking me to take her to you. If it would be for one more hour, we would really have to go to you. You were coming at 3:30pm that will be another 2 and half hour of her begging me."

"I can't do much, Kimy. I need to get that work done, before they will get to my paycheck, because I can't lose a lot of money. I want to spoil you four." He sighed and he noticed his door being pushed open. Once his eyes landed on his crying daughter, he threw his phone away and ran up to her.

"I had bad dweam, daddy. Can I shweep hewe with you?" He picked her up.

"Of course, munchkin," he kissed her head and laid them back down on his bed. He took his phone again: "Sorry, Kirstie came here. We're going to sleep, okay? We'll figure something out, don't worry."