Promised Picnic... Not ☑️

Abby walked into the kitchen with big yawn and halfway closed eyes. She was freshly woken up after night full of sleep. (Something this author misses :/ ) "Good morning," Mitch picked her up and kissed her cheek. She laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes again. "Hey, don't sleep. You slept whole night," he poked her sides with chuckle.

"But I want to sveep mowe," she whined silently.

Her father kissed her head. "But then you won't have enough time to get ready for picnic."

Her head shot up. "We've going to have picnic?"

"Yeah. My boss wants to meet you. He's really nice and he supportive. And he loves books," she giggled, but decided to agree. Her father knew that she didn't reject it only because of the books. He grabbed her sides and pushed her up in the air and sat her on his shoulders. She squeaked, but didn't protest.

"What do we have fow b-eakfasht?" she rested her head on top her dad's.

He chuckled. "I was about to ask the same question. What about pudding?"

"Pudding?" his other little luck came in with half opened eyes.

He chuckled. "I guess that's yes. What about you?" he patted Abby's foot.

"Shu-e," she shrugged and snuggled to her father's neck.

He leaned his head on hers for a moment, then set her down. "Okay, let me cook us amazing breakfast and then we can cuddle for some time." They ran off. "No running. One of you may get hurt," he called after them.

He knew it had no point, but he still tried. He got to work and fifteen minutes later the kitchen was clean and table had three bowls and spoons on top of it.

He was about to call them, when his phone started ringing. He took the call. "Hey there," his boss's voice came from the speaker.

"Hello."

"I just wanted to check if the meeting is still on," Mitch chuckled.

"Unless something showed up at yours. We have free day, so we can go whenever you say," Mitch leaned against the counter.

"Okay then. We'll see each other in few hours. I can't wait to meet your new little kid. I hope she'll like me more than her sister. She wanted to bite me," boss chuckled softly.

He still remembered the day when he got to meet Kirstie. How can he not? She was scared of him and he wanted to pinch her cheek, she bit him - thankfully she didn't have teeth back then.

"Not that I want to talk back, sir. But she did bite you. She just didn't have teeth so it didn't feel like it," Mitch reminded him.

"True. But I don't take it as bite," Mitch didn't know whether to be happy or not.

"Good. So see you at the park. Is there anything I should know before I'll make sandwiches?" Mitch asked quickly. He remembered that he didn't know whether his boss has some allergies.

"No. I'm perfectly healthy and there's no food that I can't or won't eat," boss said proudly. "See you soon." He hung up before Mitch could say anything.

He laid the phone on the counter and went to look for his little twins. Kirstie was playing with her plushies - just like any other time. Her sister though. She was doing her best to draw picture from one of her books. And considering her age - she was doing pretty good.

"Abby, come with us - breakfast is ready, just waiting for you to eat it," she jumped up and ran to her dad. She took his hand. They walked to the kitchen surprisingly normally. Mitch was confused by it. Especially when you think about Kirstie's love for pudding. "Is everything okay? You two seem to be too calm," he asked as they stepped to the table.