Chapter Eleven - Bachelor Party Doubts

(written by MrsNiallHoran :3)

-- Niall's POV --

"BACHELOR PARTY, HERE WE COME!" Louis screamed, his head stuck out of the top of the limo we were all in. The three of us laughed as he ducked back into the limo and sat down. We were on our way to a club for mine and Liam's bachelor party, and he was clearly excited.

"Gonna get drunk and party!" Zayn cheered, waving his hands about, and we all cheered in agreement. 

"Good thing I can handle my alcohol." I chuckled, leaning against Liam. His arm was wrapped around my shoulders, and my head was tucked into the crook of his neck, where it fit perfectly. 

"I still can't even believe you guys are getting married." Louis chuckled, and Liam smiled and glanced at me, and then back at him.

"We can barely believe it either. It's like a dream come true."

We got to the club fairly soon, and the four of us took our seats in the reserved VIP area for our drinks, then we'd head into the rest of the club for the dance floor and such. This place was the same place Liam and I went a long time ago, back before we even started dating. This club was the place where I told Zayn that Liam and I were friends, and it brought back so many memories for me. 

Liam wasn't drinking nearly as much as the rest of us. He'd never been a big drinker. Honestly, out of all of us, I was drinking the most. Not just because, well, I'm Irish and I play right into the stereotype of loving alcohol, but because I was hoping that the drunker I got, the more those stupid thoughts in the back of my brain that said that us getting married was a bad idea would disappear. Zayn and I were currently pounding down shots, seeing who could finish ten first, and Louis and Liam were cheering us on. I finished mine first, slamming down my last shot glass and then throwing up my hands victoriously. The boys cheered while Zayn laughed, shaking his head.

"Should've known I couldn't beat an Irishman." 

It didn't take long for me to be completely and absolutely smashed. I could still kind of walk (but only because Liam's arm around my waist steadied me out and because of the fact that I was constantly leaning against him) and, surprisingly enough, I could actually still dance without falling flat on my face. Dancing was easier than walking, really. The dance floor was crowded, and Zayn had run off to find some girls to hook up with while Louis, who was still dating Harry (who hadn't come with up for obvious reasons. I didn't even know if he was coming to the wedding, but I assumed he'd be Lou's plus one, that is, if Louis could convince him to come seeing as he hated the both of us so much and we in return), was just talking to people and making friends. As I glanced around at everybody, I felt bad because, honestly... I wasn't sure if I was ready to give this life up. Partying and hooking up with random people and stuff was so much fun, and despite how terrible I felt about it, I found myself thinking that I'd miss this life so much once we got married, and I didn't really know if I wanted to give it up. At least, not so soon.

It was so stupid and immature - not wanting to marry the man I loved just because I wanted to be able to go out and party without having to worry or care about anything, without having responsibilities. It was childish and immature and unfair and I hated myself for having these thoughts. Was I really such an immature, non-commital jerk that I wouldn't marry the man I'd been through so much with and loved so much just to go party? I hated the thought, and I wished I could say, "Of course not. I'd never do that!" but I just couldn't and it made me feel so terrible.

Well, at least we still weren't getting married for a while now. That gave me some time to think, to mature a bit and to get used to the idea of being engaged, the idea of being engaged to be married. To the idea of being a fiance instead of a boyfriend, and then to the idea of being a husband instead of a fiance. The idea of not being single but of having a boyfriend to be committed to, and then the idea of not having a boyfriend but of having a fiance to be committed to, and then, eventually, the idea of not having a fiance but of having a husband to be committed to.

It was a lot to take in, and I wasn't sure if I could do it.