Chapter One - Engaged

(written by MrsNiallHoran :3)

-- Niall's POV --

"Niall James Horan, my love, will you marry me?"

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I clasped my hands to my mouth. I couldn't believe this was happening. My brain just couldn't process it. Liam was down on one knee in front of me, velvet box opened to reveal the Celtic ring I'd picked out months ago, proposing to me. There's no way this is happening. He looked up at me expectantly and I took a deep breath, holding out my left hand for him. I broke into a huge smile, nodding insanely. "YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!"

Liam let out a sigh of relief and smiled, too. He plucked the ring out of the box and slid it onto my ring finger, before jumping up and pulling me into his arms. I clutched him tightly, desperately, as if he'd blow away in the wind if I didn't hold onto him. I cried into his jacket, tears of insane joy. He stroked my hair gently. "I love you so much, Niall." he murmured as I pulled away to kiss him.

"I love you too, Liam. More than anything." I mumbled against his lips. We just stood there, kissing, for at least five minutes before we pulled away to catch our breath. His forehead rested against mine, and his thumbs wiped away my happy tears, hands cupping my face.

"Niall Horan is my fiancé." he whispered in an awed sort of voice. "I can't believe it."

"And Liam Payne is my fiancé." I whispered back, smiling uncontrollably. I suddenly pulled away from him and he frowned, looking at me questioningly. "Oh my God, we have to go tell everybody!" I squealed. "Lou's gonna flip!"

Liam chuckled and took my hand, intertwining our fingers. "We'll tell them tomorrow. Now, why don't we go back home and get some sleep, love?"

I was slightly disappointed. I wanted everybody to know now. But I complied, nodding and walking with him. "I can't believe you did all this for me, Liam." I marvelled, shaking my head in disbelief. "It's all so beautiful, and that song, and your speech, and your proposal... All of it was just amazing. I'll never forget this, you know."

"Good. I was hoping to make it as unforgettable as possible."

I laughed and leaned against him, watching our shadows walk in front of us, hands intertwined like ours. It made my even happier. "You did a good job, then."

We eventually arrived back home and I sat on the countertop while he made us hot chocolate, admiring the ring on my finger. I can't believe I'm getting married! And to the man of my dreams! My God, I'm lucky. I still hadn't stopped smiling - I just couldn't, even though my face was getting a bit sore. I swung my legs back and forth like a child, remembering back to that day in detention that I'd been doing this. Other than me falling and hitting my head and later being diagnosed with amnesia, that was a good day. Well, despite the fact that Liam and I weren't together at the time. I giggled to myself as I gazed at the ring. Beautiful, exactly what I'd wanted. And then I looked up, my eyes falling on my fiancé - I can't get over how much I love calling him that! - and my smile widened.

"If you keep smiling like that, your face'll get stuck." Liam teased as he handed me a cup of hot chocolate. 

"I can't help it! I'm engaged!" I squealed as I took it from him. He chuckled and I sipped at my hot chocolate. "There's no way I'm going to be able to sleep. I'm too excited to tell everyone!"

"I'll sing to you until you fall asleep, okay?" he promised with a big smile.

"Okay."

******************************************************************************************