Chapter Three - In Health... And In Sickness

(written by MrsNiallHoran :3 I'm currently sick with a bad cold, so I figured Nialler should be too xD.)

-- Niall's POV --

"Niall, babe, get up."

I groaned and hit away the distraction in my sleeping, rolling away from the source. I buried my face into my pillow, but I was shaken again. Finally I sat up, glaring at the boy in bed with me. I was about to speak, but I erupted into a fit of violent coughing. 

Liam frowned, sweet brown eyes softening. "You okay, sweetheart?" 

"I'm fine." I croaked out. Oh God, my voice sounded horrible! It sounded like I'd swallowed a cheesegrater. And my throat was killing me. I sniffled and threw myself into Liam's arms. "I think I'm sick, hun." I murmured, coughing a few more times while he rubbed my back.

"Aww, baby." he said softly, holding me close. "Come downstairs and I'll make you some tea."

"Okay." I replied, my voice sounding even weirder due to the fact that my nose was all stuffed up. I sniffled and got out of bed slowly, only to be scooped up into Liam's arms, bridal style. I giggled, but it caused another fit of coughing, and I curled up into his chest while he carried me downstairs. We eventually got down there - he was walking slowly so as not to drop me and fall down the winding stairs - and carried me into the kitchen. He sat me up on the countertop and pressed a kiss to my nose, before going on to make my tea. I smiled as I watched him.

He got it all ready and then put it in the microwave. Once it had begun, he walked back over to me and intwined both of our hands, fingers in between each other. My eyes immediately fell on our matching engagement rings and I smiled more. Then another violent fit of coughing ruined the moment and he frowned in concern. 

"Liam, go!" I suddenly burst out, pointing to the microwave.

"Why?"

"Don't let the world blow up!" I whined and he smiled. I had this thing where I had to stop the microwave right at one, so it didn't start beeping. I pretended that the beeping was a bomb going off that blew the entire world up. Liam thought it was cute.

He rushed over to the microwave and stopped it just as it was about to beep. I let out a sigh of relief and he chuckled. He finished up with my tea and then handed it to me. I took a grateful sip. He always made my tea with the perfect amount of milk and sugar. I gulped half of it down in one sip, the warmth soothing my throat. I finished the rest just as he was about to pick me up and wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, as if I were a baby koala clinging to it's mother. He slid me off of the countertop and carried me into the living room, where he laid me down on our huge leather couch and pulled a blanket over me. He switched on the television to one of my favourite movies - Finding Nemo - and then curled up behind me on the couch, arms around my stomach to hold me so that I didn't fall off the edge. I momentarily thought about how ironic it was that we were spooning and he hates spoons, but the sleepiness that came with my illness and the early awakening pushed all thoughts away and I quickly fell asleep.

When I woke up, the movie was over and Toy Story was on. I smirked to myself and was about to yawn before a fit of coughing interrupted.

"Jesus, Ni! You damn near gave me a heart attack!" Liam complained right after. "I thought you were still asleep."

I laughed and rolled over to face him, pressing my forehead against his bare chest and sniffling. "I don't feel good, Li." I whimpered and his arms tightened around me.

"I know, baby. But with some tender loving care, you'll be feeling better in no time." he assured me, kissing the top of my head. The house phone rang loudly and interrupted our cuddle time. He sighed and reluctantly got up to answer it. It was lonely and cold without him and I sat up, watching him while he talked on the phone. "Hey, Lou. Nah, I'll have to pass. Nialler's sick." 

"Liam, go hang with Lou." I called out, sniffling. 

He murmured a quick 'one sec' to Lou and then covered the phone with one hand. "You sure, sweetheart? It's fine. I'd be happy to stay here and take care of you."

I smiled encouragingly. "I'll be fine for a few hours. Go have some fun." I replied, coughing painfully right after. 

He uncovered the phone. "Alright, I'll come. But only for a little bit, then I'm coming back home to make sure my baby's okay." he said softly. I couldn't help but smile at hearing him call me his baby. Such a sweetheart. He smirked and rolled his eyes at something Lou said. "Of course you can help plan it. I'll see you soon."

"Plan what?" I asked, the moment he hung up, curious.

"The bachelor party."

"No strippers!" I said strictly, wagging a finger at him. He chuckled and grabbed his jacket, pulling it on and zipping it up, along with mitts and his fluffy animal hat. 

"Wouldn't dream of it, love." he replied. He walked over and pressed a kiss to my forehead. I went to kiss his lips, but he pulled away. "Hey, I don't wanna get sick too." he protested. I pouted and he gave in quickly, rolling his eyes playfully and pecking my lips. "I won't be gone long. Rest up and drink lots. Call me if you need anything, okay?"

"Okay."

"I love you." 

I smiled and hugged him back as he wrapped his arms around me. "I love you too, LiLi." I said, before coughing multiple times. He walked over to the door and pulled his boots on, then blew me a kiss and left. 

I dropped back into a laying position and pulled the blanket up to my shoulders, wrapping myself in it like a cocoon, and drifted back off to sleep.