Chapter Twenty -- "Sad."

-- Niall's POV --

I stormed out of the house and got into the car with tears in my eyes. I jammed the key into the ignition, started the car, and I left. I couldn't believe him! This was exactly why I didn't want to tell him where I was going. I knew he'd freak out and make a big deal out of it. His lack of trust in me was strong enough to actually go to my mum's house to see if I was actually there! I couldn't believe he'd actually done that. Harry was right. He was possessive and controlling and crazy and obsessed. I couldn't even have friends without him freaking out.

Liam clearly just wasn't right for me anymore.

In tears, I rushed over to Harry's house. He'd know what to say about this.

I got there soon and hopped out of the car, sniffling and wiping my cheeks off, knocking on the door. The minute it opened, I flung myself into Harry's arms, knocking him back a bit as he slowly wrapped them around me.

"Niall? What's wrong?"

"M-Me and Liam... B-Broke up!"

-- Harry's POV --

I couldn't help but let my lips curl into a grin. It hurt me to see Niall in pain, but knowing that I could now move in and swoop him up without it being completely wrong made me smile. I know, it was so bad that I was enjoying all of this, but let's be honest here, Liam didn't deserve someone as great as Niall. From what I've heard from people, all he did was walk all over him, and if you ask me, that's not something a good boyfriend does. Three words to describe Liam: Obsessive, selfish, and rude. I could honestly say I never thought in a million years they would end up together because they're so different. Niall is sweet and kind and adorable, and as I said, Liam is obsessive, selfish, and rude. It baffled me that Niall had just gotten enough sense knocked into him to break up with him. Still holding Niall, consoling him as he sobbed on my shoulder, my smile was still fully intact.

"Sad." I said sarcastically under my breath. Over his crying he hopefully couldn't hear my tone. I pulled away from the hug and gave him a sad look. "What happened?"

"Apparently he went to my mum's house to see if I was there... And she said that I wasn't, and blah blah, and when I got home he had a bitch fit." He said quietly, wiping under his eyes. "I feel like I was... Too h-harsh though..."

"What did you say?"

"I called him p-possessive, obsessive, nosy, selfish, rude, an asshole, and a t-terrible boyfriend..." 

I shook my head gently and pulled him back into the hug. "Niall, it's okay. You weren't being harsh, you were being honest. He shouldn't have come looking for you. He obviously doesn't trust you that much to take your word when you tell him something, and in my eyes, that means that he isn't quite the perfect boyfriend. I know that you could do so much better. Don't worry about it, alright? He didn't deserve you. You deserve someone that'll treat you right. Someone like... Me." I muttered the last part under my breath, just quiet enough so that he couldn't hear, but I was secretly hoping he did.

"Thanks, Harry..." He said, sniffling. We started walking around the town, trying our hardest not to go any way that would involve passing their house, which would probably soon just be Liam's house. Halfway into the walk I stopped him and he gave me a questioning look.

"Y'know... I doubt you wanna go back there, at least, not now... So, I could help you get all your things out, and you can come live with me?" I offered and he shrugged. 

"I... I don't know. Liam might get mad when he sees you..."

"He's nothing I can't handle. Trust me. Why don't we go back to my house, and I'll go get your things tomorrow. Sound good?" 

He nodded gently. "Okay... Thanks, Harry."

---

And I kept my part of the deal. That morning, I had awoken Niall and told him I was going to leave and get his stuff. He listed off to me where all his stuff was, and I jotted it down on a piece of paper. Soon enough, he was back asleep, and I was on my way. I was slightly worried about what reaction Liam would have to me showing up at his house, to gather Niall's things. I shrugged it off and drove to his house, taking a deep breath before knocking on the door.

He answered with a glare. "What the fuck do you want?" He hissed.

"I'm here to get Niall's things." 

"Oh, really?" 

"Yeah. I offered to get them for him. I don't want any trouble, I just want to pick them up and be on my way. He's staying at my house at the moment, and he honestly doesn't seem to be feeling very well, so I'd like to get back as soon as possible and be able to keep an eye on him."

He opened the door further and let me in, free to roam around and gather his things. After I had grabbed a box out of my car and stuffed all of his clothes inside, I went downstairs to exchange the full box for another empty one and continue. When I got downstairs, Liam was leaning against a wall near the doorframe. 

"So. I have a question for you." He said grimly. 

I nodded nervously. "Uhh... Yeah, sure."

"What did you say to Niall that apparently made him feel like he meant something?"

"I was only commenting on how he looked good that day." I shrugged. "What did you not say to him that made him not feel like he meant something?"

"Shut the fuck up." He said sharply.

"I'll have you know that Niall is devastated with the way you treat him. You walk all over him, and I'm honestly so disgusted that you call yourself a good boyfriend when you do things like that. At least I respect him and have the respect to treat him the way he should be treated."

He grabbed me by the collar, forcing me to drop the box, and pushed me against the wall violently. "You listen here, you little shit. If you get anywhere near him in that way, I swear to God I will not hesitate to beat the shit out of you. I know way more about him than you, and let me tell you, I know that he won't ever want to date you. Why? You're so much more of an asshole than I could ever be. I admit that I was being stupid when I decided to go to his mum's house, but I knew something was going on and I wanted to know what. I know your stupid little plan, Harry, and I'm not very fond of it."

"That's not my problem, Liam." I said with a smirk. "My stupid little plan is making sure that Niall gets the respect he deserves."

"Do you even know what respect means? He's so oblivious and naive, and it's so easy to fool him. I know that all you're gonna do is build him up and break him down. You're too much of a douchebag to be able to have a long-lasting relationship because you feel the need to fuck people over, and I don't want that to happen to Niall. No matter how much you say you won't do that, I know you will. And you can think I'm crazy for this, but I'm going crazy because I love him. And you've never experienced love. You've experienced crazy one-night stands and sex with people you don't even know the names of. That's not real love. I'll be damned if I let him loose to someone like you, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let you make one single move on him."

"Watch me."

I said fuck it to Niall's other things for the day, and grabbed the box. I push past Liam, shoving him to the side, and put the box in my car. I slid into the drivers seat and before driving off, gave him the finger. He was visibly angry which made me laugh. 

I'd be damned if I let someone as stupid as Liam ruin my chances with the one person I've actually wanted to have a long-lasting relationship with ever since they were planning to get married.