Chapter Eighteen - Out

(first half written by butterfliess, other half written by mrsniallhoran. also we're going to be writing in harry and louis' point of views from this chapter on (not sure if we ever have before, and i don't feel like looking through the chapters xD). i will write in harry's, mrsniallhoran will write in louis', and the normal point of views will carry on.  )

-- Liam's Point of View --

Niall joined us in the hallway. His eyes were shifty and he sat down in one of the waiting chairs, staring off aimlessly out the window. I raised an eyebrow and sat next to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. He didn't seem to notice, like he was deep in thought. 

"What was that about?" I questioned.

It took him a moment to respond. He turned around to face me and shrugged. "Oh, it was nothing. He was just apologizing for the past, y'know, and commenting on how he was surprised we came."

I nodded gently, though still hesitant to believing his words. I turned away and got up, following Louis into the room. He stared at Harry intently, leaning against the door frame, then stared down at the floor. He slowly moved towards him and turned to me. "Hey, Liam, could we have a second?"

"Yeah, of course." I said and left the room.  I leaned against the wall outside the room, just beside the door. I heard faint cries of joy coming from inside and smiled slightly to myself. After the door had opened again, I joined them in the room, sitting down. 

I peeked out into the hall and Niall was still simply sitting there, staring off into space. I shook my head gently. I tried to make gestures to get his attention, trying to call him into the room, but he paid no attention. I sighed and slouched in my chair, shrugging it off.

---

 Suddenly Niall's phone buzzed beside him and he picked it up quickly. I gave him a questioning look but he didn't notice. 

"Hello? Hi. Yeah, sure. Uh, yeah. Okay. Yeah. Okay. Sure thing. See 'ya there. Bye."

I continued to give him the questioning look and as he got up, he looked at me. I asked him where he was going and he shrugged, going for his sweater. He pulled it over his head and shook his hair around. "I'm going to go see my mum. She wants to have lunch with me." 

I nodded. "Okay, sure. How long'll you be gone?"

"Can't say. Y'know mums, they keep you near them for hours on end. She probably won't let me go for at least three hours."

I nodded again. "Okay... Be careful, alright?" I got up and pressed a kiss to his lips before he opened the door and left, agreeing to be careful. I watched him walk down the street until he disappeared and slid back inside the house, sitting down.

---

-- Harry's Point of View --

Niall got closer and closer in my view and I couldn't help but smile. I was glad that we had come to an agreement to be friends again, or at least try, but yes, I could honestly say I wouldn't hesitate to be more than that with him. I didn't want to break him and Liam up, but I decided I could try and drop subtle hints. He didn't seem happy with their relationship anyways, and that concerned me. I wanted him to be happy, I really did, but they just didn't seem like the perfect couple I knew Niall had always dreamed to be included in. I said hello as he came closer to me and with a smile he greeted me back.

"You look great, by the way." I commented and he blushed lightly, uttering a thank you in a small voice as he stared at the ground. "I'm really happy that we can be friends." 

"Yeah, of course." He agreed and it brought a smile to my face.

Thinking about it, Liam and I were never really friends. I honestly did think about completely backstabbing him, as a sort of payback. I knew that earlier when we had frequent fights, both physically and verbally. I thought that maybe, it was time to give him a taste of his own medicine. Let him feel the pain he gave to me. Not necessarily physically, but emotionally. I didn't care about Liam, in all honesty. Not the slightest. I had only tried to make ammends with him so I'd seem like a better person. And I don't feel the slightest pang of guilt when I admit that I was grinning from ear to ear when I first found out from Louis that they weren't getting married.