Chapter Ten - Freaking Out

butterfliess

Liam's POV

I was completely freaking out. Niall was 3 hours late, he never called me or texted me or anything. Did he get lost? Did this 'ex-boyfriend' of his stab him or something? Did he get hit by a car or was he kidnapped or did he get into a car accident?! There was too many things that could go wrong. 

I was hyperventilating. I wouldn't be THIS protective over anybody but Niall; I didn't want to lose him, he was my fiance. I started to breathe so heavily I thought I was going to pass out, and I started to feel sick just by thinking about me going out to search for him and suddenly I found him dead in an alley.

I needed to go find him. 

Atlas was asleep upstairs (hopefully he wouldn't destroy everything while I was gone), so I wouldn't need to get him to sleep before I left. I snatched my jacket off the coat rack and slid one shoe on, taking the other in my hand and stepping outside in the snow. It was blizzarding out, and my feet started to freeze as soon as I stepped outside, but I'd much rather not have a foot than not have Niall. I hopped into my car and drove off so much faster than I should have, attempting to call and text Niall again. He never picked up or answered, and I started to hyperventilate even more. I was freaking out. Finally, I found a car on the side of the road and a short silhouette; it had to be Niall. 

I pulled over and jumped out, running across the street. A car almost hit me, but I didn't care. I ran over to Niall and then realized that it wasn't him. It was just some dude. I sighed as he looked at me funny and ran back to my car. 

---

I looked for Niall for at least another hour and never found him. I started to sob quietly, then a little more violently, in my car. Had I lost him? Where was he? Was he kidnapped? Or was he stabbed and in the hospital? All I could do was go home and hope for the best. 

I drove home and trudged up the steps of our house, opening the door. I took my jacket off as I was walking inside and kicked my boots off as I stepped into the warmth of the house. I wiped away the tears, but they kept on coming, and I used my sleeve (I had a sweater on under the jacket) to continue to wipe them away. I lay down on the couch, and then got a little bit frightened when I heard some banging in the kitchen. 

"Hello?" I said cautiously, sitting up.

Niall appeared from the kitchen and ran to hug me. I jumped over the side of the couch and took him in my arms, enjoying the warmth of him.

"Where were you?" He said quietly.

"Looking for you." I pulled away from the hug and began inspecting him. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened? I got so worried! Why didn't you call me?!"

"I'm fine, Li. I lost track of time and my phone died. Sorry."

"Oh, you gave me a heart attack..."  

"Sorry."

I pulled him into a hug again and almost cried of joy.

"It's okay. I'm just glad you're safe."