Chapter Twenty-Two -- Making a Move

-- Harry's Point of View --

Niall hadn't talked for hours on end. In fact, he barely looked at me. If it kept Liam as far as getting Niall back as possible, I honestly wasn't sorry for lying. But besides that, besides all of the stuff Niall didn't actually know the truth about, I felt like I was doing something wrong, or I said something that made him not want to talk to me. I hadn't recalled anything, not since I'd gotten home. The silence was killing me, and I couldn't take it anymore. 

"Niall, you're awfully quiet. Is... Is something on your mind? Is something bothering you?" I questioned, giving him a look to match. He shrugged gently, refusing to make eye contact or even simply turn to face me.

"I guess so, but with the crazy shit that's happening lately, why wouldn't anything be bothering me? I... Y'know... Liam came over here just before you got home... And he came to apologize. I didn't mean to sell you out for telling me what you saw, but I did, because I was angry, and he seemed so upset. He said none of it ever happened, and that... I don't know, he's crazy. He said that he 'knew your little plan' and that it was to fuck me over." He sighed. "That isn't true, is it, Harry?"

The look he gave me made me honestly so sad. I shook my head gently and put my arm around his shoulder. "No, of course not. I... I honestly do want to... Be the way we used to be. Way, way, way back in the day. Maybe even slightly different from that, if that makes any sense to you." I said, trying to drop a little hint on him, hoping that maybe he'd make the first move.

"No, it..." He paused. "Explain please?"

"Here..." I took a deep breath. "Maybe this'll explain." As I leaned in I swore he could hear my heart beating. I closed my eyes and went for it. He quickly noticed what I was doing and pushed me back. My eyes opened and I stared at him for a long moment. He continued to refuse to make eye contact.

"Harry... I... I need a little bit more time..." Was his excuse.

I nodded gently and stared at the floor. He got up and slipped into the guest room. I sighed deeply and slouched further down on the couch, sighing. I fucked up.

Quickly, he returned, and just as he was standing in front of me slipping on his shoes, he was gone. He noted that he was going for a walk and would be back soon. I doubted this, but still, lay down and close my eyes, trying my hardest to sleep, and trying not to think about it.

---

-- Niall's Point of View --

Life was fucked. Everything was just fucked all of a sudden. It seemed that my life had gone full circle back to the beginning.

For the longest time, I felt useless. Worthless. Like nobody wanted me around. I cut my wrists and cried myself to sleep every night, and things just weren't good for me. And then my friendship with Liam slowly began to come back, and I realized that he was just as fucked up as me and... I felt needed. For once, I felt like somebody needed me around. We led each other out of very dark places, and found love in doing so. He took care of me, he protected me. He hugged away the pain and kissed away the tears, and his patient, understanding, neverending love repaired my broken heart. He picked up the pieces and put them back together, and then he proposed to me and everything was good in my life. Everything was perfect. We were in love, we were going to get married and live out our lives together.

And then Harry got in that accident and we became friends again, just like we were long, long ago, and Liam didn't like that. He started acting crazy, accusing me of cheating, and yeah, I shouldn't have lied to him, but I knew he'd overreact if I told him the truth. And then we broke up, and now things were fucked again.