Chapter Seventeen -- The Wrong Reasons

(written by MrsNiallHoran :3)

-- Niall's POV --

"What... What is it?" I asked, frowning as I noticed Liam's troubled expression as he hung his phone up. "Who was it? What's going on?"

"It was Louis calling from the hospital."

"What? Is he okay?"

"I... I think so, but he was crying and he sounded really upset and he told me to get over there as soon as possible."

"Well, let's go, then." 

Liam and I hopped into the car and raced over to the hospital, getting there and immediately seeing Louis in the waiting room. He was in tears and hysterics, pacing around and chewing on his fingernails nervously. He noticed us as we walked over and dropped his hand to his side, breathing heavily, almost hyperventilating. "What's going on? What's wrong?" I asked, and he just shook his head, trying to blubber out an explanation but I couldn't understand him. "Slow down, breathe."

After a few minutes, we were all sitting down and he'd gotten his breathing in check, enough to form coherent sentences now. "H-Harry's in the emergency r-r-room." he stammered, and I frowned, confused.

"What? Why? What happened?"

"I-I don't know! I was on-on the ph-phone with him, a-and then I heard th-this screeching noise, a-and like a car horn, and then h-he went silent and I was confused for a f-few minutes, and then I heard ambul-lances..." he blubbered out, panting out short gasps for breaths. I was taking it all in for a moment before putting it all together, and Liam seemed to, also.

"So... He got hit by a car or something?" he asked quietly, and Louis sniffed and shook his head rapidly.

"I d-don't know... I th-think so, a-and he's in the emergency r-room, and-and I don't know if he's o-okay..."

"I'm sure he's fine." I assured him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and squeezing lightly, trying to comfort him. I noticed a flicker of jealousy in Liam's eyes, but I chose to ignore it. He knew that Louis really needed some comfort right now and that there was no ulterior motives to my actions than to make him feel better. "I'll bet he's probably only got, like, a broken arm or something and he'll be okay."

"I h-hope so..." Louis mumbled, sniffling and wiping his tears away. "B-But what if he's n-n-not?"

"Don't think like that." Liam replied softly. "You gotta be positive. He's probably fine." 

At that comment, a doctor came walking over and stood in front of us. "You three are Mr. Styles' friends, correct?" she asked, and we all nodded, and she offered us a small smile. "Well, luckily, he's going to be just fine." she said, and Louis sighed heavily in relief, muttering a 'Thank God' underneath his breath. "Just with some minor wounds. A broken finger, a couple scratches and bruises, but that's it. He's okay and well. Now, which one of you is Niall?" she asked, and I slowly rasied my hand. "Harry asked for you personally. Said he wants to talk to you before anybody else sees him."

"Me?" I repeated, confused, my eyes widening a bit. "Are you sure he said me?"

"Yes, he did."

"Oh... Well, umm... Okay, I guess." I replied, slowly standing up. I could see Liam and Louis giving me strange looks, and honestly, I was just as confused as they were. Why did Harry ask to speak to me before anybody else saw him? Harry and I weren't exactly on good terms with each other, and for good reason. I followed the doctor down the hallway to his room, and then she left. I took a deep breath, almost a bit scared about what he was gonna say, and slowly pushed the door opened. Harry was lying on the hospital bed with a brace on middle finger on his left hand, and appeared to be fine despite a few bruises and cuts on his arms. He offered me a weak smile, which I nervously returned. I closed the door and walked over, sitting down in the chair beside his bed. "I, uh... I'm glad you're okay."