|30.|

Chapter Thirty ▪︎ The King's Queen |2|

After coming to terms with the fact that they were going to have a baby in the middle of a world war, the Royals couldn't contain their excitement and worry.

Luca seemed to always be in the shadows, protecting the Queen from any and all possible danger. She thought it was extremely sweet and slightly disturbing. She half expected him to go to the toilet with her. 

But she knew that it was necessary, especially since her father had somehow escaped the prison they had put him in once they got her to the hospital.

The war continued despite Dahlia's pregnancy. She didn't go on the battle field anymore, but she helped with anything and everything she could. She mostly healed people in the infirmary, since that didn't quite drain her too much and yet, it was very helpful.

She also supplied Alexander with teleportation amulets which she learned to make during her first months of pregnancy.

"Are you okay?" Luca asked her as she rubbed her swollen feet with a healing ointment.

"Yeah. My feet hurt a bit today, that's all." She replied while doing circular motions with the ointment.

"Time flies by so quickly with you two. Or should I say three?" Luca smiled.

Dahlia knew that that simple comment meant the world to an immortal. To them, days went by painfully slowly and only reminded them of the lonely future ahead of them.

"Two is fine." She smiled. As she looked down at her swollen belly, the smile grew.

"I haven't got a clue as to what we're naming them. Alex is just as  clueless." She rubbed some of the ointment on her swollen belly. Stretch marks appeared on the sides of it, making her feel magically human. She adored them and hoped they would stay even after the pregnancy.

If only her younger self could hear her, she'd have blown pregnant Dahlia's head off her shoulders.

"Do you want to know the gender?" Luca asked.

"I do, but Alex doesn't." She rolled her eyes. "Someting about never getting any surprises in his life anymore. If you ask me, no surprises sounds like a perfect life." She groaned as she got up from the beige futon next to the baby crib.

The redecorated the spare room that was left over when they moved in together into a baby room. They kept beige tones so that the child could redecorate it when they grow up to their liking. They didn't want to do the stereotypical 'pink is girls and blue is boys'. It felt far too tacky for their taste.

"I can tell you, if you'd like." Luca helped her get up.

"Sure. I'm guessing she's a girl?" Dahlia replied as she waddled through to Alexander's office and into their shared bedroom.

Luca smiled and nodded. "I overheard the doctors talking about it. That's the only time I was thankful I could hear everyone's private conversations." He shivered.

Dahlia laughed, recalling many mornings when Luca was found sleeping in Alexander's soundproofed office because his neighbours were having sex or were generally being too loud.

"Remember that one time when we were all in a hospital room and heard one of the patients talking on the phone with a mistress?" She recalled.

"Oh Goddess, how could I forget? 'Yes mistress, you can peg me for being a bad boy! I'll be a good boy next time, I promise!'" He whined, imitating the poor patient.

Dahlia laughed, walking into her closet and finding a pair of pajamas to sleep in. Her and Luca were entirely comfortable around eachother and he often helped her get dressed when Alexander was unable to do so.

They had a special bond that none of them could explain, not brotherly and yet not romantic. It was innocent and altruistic, making them feel less lonely and more like they belonged somewhere, so unlike what they felt before they met.

"Thank you." Dahlia spoke as he helped her get dressed.

"No problem." He replied. She felt him cleverly taking away some of her pain, even though she always tells him not to do that.

She glared at him, but her eyes also said thank you to him. He smiled as to say his usual line, 'no problem'.

Dahlia's cell rang, Luca quickly teleporting and getting it for her before she did it herself.

"Thanks. It's Alexander." She frowned.

"He doesn't usually call you, does he?" Luca asked.

"No, not since we developed our bond." She replied.

She answered the phone, "Hello?"

"They're coming for the castle! Luca get her out of there, they blocked our communication somehow!" Dahlia gasped when she heard Alexander's voice filled with such animosity that could've only come from Thanatos, a very angry and scared Thanatos.

"Bist du gesund? Ist alles in Ordnung?" Luca took over the phone and started packing Dahlia's bags and she mirrored his actions. She knew there was no time for her to worry about his wellbeing and that she should instead be focusing on the safety of her and her child.

"Ja, ich bin nur müde. Ist sie gut? Und unser Kind?" They continued speaking in German, knowing it was one of the few dead languages only they knew. They were teaching Dahlia as well, so she could understand them. So far, they were saying are you healthy? Is everything all right?, yes, I am only tired. Is she good? And our child?

"Do you need a portal?" Dahlia asked him, knowing he could hear her as he ran somewhere.

"To Lady's place, please. Can you also make sure that the rest of the Lords come there? You can ask Isaac to be with you in the safe house, just to be safe. I'm next to the statue in Neuschwanstein Castle's garden." He replied.

She instantly created the portals for the Lords, all leading to Lady's place except for Isaac's portal. Luca had already hung up with Thanatos and let the Lords know that there is a portal waiting for them. Once she felt them all safely pass through, she created another portal leading to the safe house.

She tossed in a small bag that held everything she might need during her stay that she couldn't find in the house and walked through after Luca teleported himself there and made sure that it was safe.

A/n  peep the German in there, I started learning it recently. Also, I got tested today. I'm positive, just like the rest of my family. :/