|12.|

Chapter Twelve ▪︎ The King's Queen |2|

Dedicated to Antea321. Thank you for being my friend ♡

The following morning was rough for both of the royals. Dahlia was still in her torn and bloody clothes which reeked of burnt flesh to The King's sensitive nose, but he was in no better shape than her.

"God, we reek of battle."

They both agreed on the statement, no vocal response needed.

"What were you saying about that lycan yesterday?" The King asked suspiciously.

"It was so strange, he acted normal and seemed quite intelligent but when he shifted, his form was that of a lycan's almost completely. He had all the advantages of being a lycan or a wolf, but none of the disadvantages. He didn't try to do anything in regards to magic, he only used brute force. Also, his skin deflected bullets even though they were silver. He had incredibly sharp reflexes- which is why I had to stab him with the arrow instead of shoot him, he caught the first arrow I shot."

The King was puzzled.

"Perhaps he is a genetically modified breed?"

"Those have been dead since the human government was beaten." Dahlia looked at him incredously.

"Some may have survived their experiments. Did he have any markings of a creature that a human might detect?"

"Now that I come to think of it, no. He looked like a rather large human, but human nonetheless."

"Perhaps his parents had breeds in their bloodline and the genes only matched on him."

"Perhaps."

The Queen left to take a shower. Her mood deteriorated rather quickly, reminding Thanatos of the damage Chaos did to her body and is continuing to do. The injury she recieved yesterday must have been large judging by the enormous hole in her jeans and shirt, but she was fully healed when he arrived. She even had enough energy to make him a portal from across the world.

"Did you feed yesterday?" He asked her.

"Yes, you gave me-"

"No, did you feed from them?"

"That too." She smiled happily, as if it was a happy memory from a far away date.

"Shower and I'll take you to the clinic."

Groans sounded from The Queen. How very unroyal of her.

"Do I must?"

"Yes, if you care about my sanity. I'd die from anxiety." He chuckled at her childish behavior.

"Okay then."

***

A needle was injected in her forearm, a thin tube attached to it. Blood dripped into a small vial the doctor kept replacing and Dahlia kept refilling (unwillingly).

"How many more do you need?" She groaned in her seat, her growing hunger haunting her along with her Chaotic mind.

"Just a few more, don't worry."

"Get me something to feed on or else I'll pounce on you."

It wasn't spoken as a warning or a threat, more of a fact. Like a fate you cannot control.