|11.|

Chapter Eleven ▪︎ The King's Queen |2|

Dedicated to all of you for reaching 200 k on TKQ 1! I cannot believe it, I love you all ♡

Dahlia!

She awoke with a gasp. This was no dream, she knew for certain- her family was in danger.

In a second she was in the closet, putting on her combat gear and strapping on two pistols to her hips and a bow to her back with the miniature arrows resting inside of her jacket. The arrows were small but they burst upon impact, dealing the enemy more damage than an average arrow ever would.

"My family is under attack. You protect my brother and I will protect mother."

As their bond strengthened Dahlia could sense where her mate was, what he might be feeling and who exactly she was talking to.

She didn't need to turn around to know that Thanatos was right behind her in the closet, following her actions and getting dressed in similar combat gear as her own- fully trusting her judgement, even in the state she was in.

"A vision?" He zipped his jeans and combat boots.

"More of a call." She hurried through the office and looked for her throwing knives.  Thanatos was determined to teach her everything he knows about every weapon she might ever use, ehich is why most of their weapons were scattered in his office.

She found vials of her own blood while looking for the knives, but it didn't worry her. She knew he was worried about her mental state and what was exactly happening to her. They were more likely than not for lab tests.

"Where are my knives?"

"Left nightstand, your room."

"Do you need anything? We should take those pingers in case we get stuck or something."

"You mean pagers?" He chukled at her.

"Yes, those."

"Of course." The strapped them on and kissed goodbye as Dahlia created two different portals for them - one leading to her former home and the other to Australia.

It drained her, but she thankfully hoped to hunt for a while after she made sure her mother was safe and replenish her energy.

Stepping in through the portal, she heard the multiple footsteps walking through the kitchen and living room. She was in her room on the highest floor.

She jumped down and avoided the more creaky parts of the floor. She was stealthy and made sure to raise her guns in the air before exiting into the kitchen.

She painted a sigil on the door that blocked all noise from the others in the living room before she entered and fired at the first hunk of meat she saw.

By their scent, she assumed they were werewolves, but there were a few witches and vampires hiding in the viscinity.

The guns were filled with hollow silver bullets that split and imbedded in the flesh upon impact. They looked almost flower-like when they were taken out, taking chunks of flesh and blood along with them.

The second shot effectively killed the man as she aimed for the back of his head.

There were two werevolves left in the kitchen with her, circling her now that they realised she was in the room with them.

"What, you still care for mommy dearest?" One of them teased, unaware of her state of emotional bipolarness and the effect it had on her powers.

The anger that surged in her gave her back all the power she needed.