|15.|

Chapter Fifteen ▪︎ The King's Queen |2|

Dedicated to LizzyBee23 for voting on every chapter of book 2 and RoStories4523 for replying to my question below. ♡

Q: what's your favourite pastime during quarantine?

A simple dinner was planned at Dahlia's request. The guests' identities were kept a secret to keep their parts of the kingdoms safe.

Dahlia teleported each and every one of them to the dining room herself, as a sign of peace and gratitute.

She also wanted to show off her power. She heard that some of the Lords were so fiercely loyal to their King that they felt as though a (former) human waitress was not worth his heart. They lost it when they found out who her father and brother are, immediately attempting attacks at Isaac.

She assumed that they were the ones that attempted to kill him on the night of her mother's attack. The thought angered her.

The dinner also had to do with them giving her their full respect, not because of Alexander, but because of her own power and intelligence.

"My Queen." Lord Hudson bowed, his mate following suit.

"Lord Hudson. It's been a while. How is it at home?" The small talk was strangely nice.

"Good, but they shut down the tavern. It burned down or something, I'm not sure. It's probably for the best, though." His words weren't malicious or meant to offend her when mentioning her former workplace, but she still didn't like that part of her life being mentioned so openly.

It was her fault though. The Lord only knew her as a waitress from before she became Queen, he couldn't tell her anything else regarding her former home.

"Yes, it definitely is. If you'll excuse me, I should get the rest teleported in. Arnold will show you to the dining room." The couple bowed.

She teleported Lady in next. The two had met fleetingly, but she was far friendlier than Dahlia thought. "My God, you are pretty! Also, that portal- totally awesome!"

Her demeanor was contrasting to Lord Zeno's, the ruler of the African territory. He seemed etheral, divine almost, with his long alabaster white dreadlocks and matching skin and facial hair.

His albino appearance was striking, especially matched with his bright red eyes and african heritage. He bowed to her, rather deeply, and handed her a gift as he spoke, "To replenish your strength, my Queen."

He opened the box with a thought, and inside were two blood bags. The scent was rather exquisite, Dahlia had never smelled anything quite so enticing, apart from her mate. She was sure her eyes flared brightly for a second, the Lord smiling at it. "Thank you, Lord Zeno. May I ask what species this is?"

"Lycan. Pureblood." He smirked, hearing tales of how she killed Armie the Lycan while she was a mere human.

She groaned. "I suppose you brought the desert."

He chuckled and they parted ways. In a flash, he was in the dining room, greeting the rest of the Lords.

She sank her now elongate fangs into the bag, marvelling at the luscious taste on her tounge. The sheer power of it left a spicy aftertaste in her mouth, and Dahlia enjoyed it even more when it coursed through her veins.

"Do you like it?" Thanatos spoke from in front of her. He didn't like it when she drank other creatures' blood and knew their identity, it seemed too personal to him.