|24.|

Chapter Twenty Four ▪︎The King's Queen |2|

Dahlia was hyperventillating. How did she not notice it? She was getting symptoms of ovulation for the past week at least, yet she foolishly chose to ignore them.

"What the hell do I do now? What the hell do we do now?" Dahlia asked, feeling as chaotic as when she was actually Chaotic, only without the Chaos.

"We should visit dr. Tanya and do some tests to see if you are pregnant or not. We'll see how that goes and make plans based on the results. Are you okay?" Alexander spoke, trying to calm his mate and himself in the process.

"I don't know, you?" Dahlia asked, feeling the calm he was projecting.

"As good as I can be. But I want you to know that whatever the tests show, I am happy. The revolution can happen without you at the frontline for nine months, okay? Especially with Luca's help. You can be the brains of our operation." He smiled down at her, a hidden want swirling in his mind for the results to come back positive. It would stop him from worrying about Dahlia being injured in battle, but it would also mean that he and Dahlia could finally have a child.

"I could portal you around... Or develop some other form of magic, like dr. Tanya said I could do. Maybe I could become a healer?" She spoke up with hope, dreading the fact that such a joy as being pregnant meant that she would have to lose the ability of being an active participant in the revolutionary war.

"We'll see." Alexander said, but the look in his eyes said otherwise.

***

"The results came back. 90% of them are negative, but 10% are positive. This means that while there is a chance that you are infact pregnant, the more probable situation is that you are not. Pregnancy tests come as false positives all the time, but in early pregnancies, as we assume yours would be, they are unreliable. So I suggest you to lay off of any stress, alcohol, cigarettes or other opioids, especially performing magic and engaging in battle. Your diet should consist only of your mate's blood, just in case another assasination or trick is attempted and your blood supply gets poisoned." Dr. Tanya concluded.

***

Dahlia was extremely cautious the next few days, following every rule doctor Tanya set for her. Both Alexander and she realised that the child she might be carrying should not be considered a stepback in their revolution.

They discussed what creature it might be with Luca and concluded that it would most likely be a human, just as they were before the goddess brought them back to life.

Every morning, Dahlia took a test, and it was always negative. It eased her mind, but she remained cautious.

"Our new plan is finally done, if you're ready to review it." Luca spoke to the couple. Him and Arnold, along with the other lords, have been working on a plan that would peacefully allow Dahlia to be an active participant in the war.

"Yes, please prepare the office while we eat."

***

"So, we have figured out multiple versions to the plan." Luca started the meeting, taking on a leadership role in the presentation of the plan. "If one thing goes wrong, we have a separate branching plan that we could follow instead, or as you would call it, a plan B."

"In our original plan, we thought about using your magic to create portals and to heal injured people that you would portal in from the battle. Then we realised how much stress that would cause and moved on to the other branch. This is a bit risky, but we thought about how Alexander can turn humans into vampires, thus creating his own army. We got the idea that you and I, as two demigods who both have fangs, could maybe create our own species. It would take a lot of trial and error, and a lot of studying, but the army would be more powerful than any other, simply beacuse our enemies wouldn't know what they are dealing with."