|10.|

Chapter Ten ▪︎ The King's Queen |2|

Dedicated to Red4Speed and IrishjulieDiaz0! Thank you for voting and commenting ♡

Dahlia was in a transformation without anybody knowing when the final stage is and what it will bring.

Ever since she went into Chaos, a form newly turned vampires and creatures alike often experience, she hasn't been herself. Few survive when they transition back into normal form, but even fewer can go along with their lives without any consequences.

People have gone mad from all the power they harnessed at once during Chaos or lost their mind from guilt of the things they did during it.

Dahlia was neither mad or disabled in any sense. She was completely out of control, nobody could even attempt to control her- not even herself.

She would often fall into a rage fit as she sobbed from sadness. Everything was stressing her out. Her eyes and abilities were no longer connected to the phases of the moon, they lashed out and reigned in uncontrollably.

"I need to see my family." She mumbled as she stared up at the ceiling from her bed.

With a quick stride, she came up to the balcony and breathed in deeply.

"Will you come with me or not? I can't guarantee your safety." She spoke emotionlessly. The sigils on her and her mate's skin had long worn off.

"Of course I will." He hugged her from behind and layed his head on her shoulders.

He remembered the night they spent together. His heart started thumping again, even she could hear it. Her mind was frazzled but she knew she had to tell him what she felt for him. She had a need in her and she had to fulfill it. It consumed her, ate at her mind. Her head throbbed.

"I don't know if you are aware but I have never had anyone care for me as you have. I believe you share the same opinion of me and that is what bonds us. We didn't meet each other and fall endlessly in love like other mates might have. Out connection is deeper than the bond we share as mates. We didn't have our ups and downs, we had hills to climb over and clouds to float on, though the latter wasn't a common occurance. But I love you. I love you more than I could ever love anyone else and I don't regret sleeping with you. I don't care who is in control, Alexander or Thanatos. I love you. Thanatos, I forgive you for your past because I know that you have changed and the fact that you did this for me is enough for me to believe anything you do. If you feel the same way for me, please, please don't do anything irrational when you see them. I know the things they did to you and I assure you they will suffer, but going in there and attempting to kill them is going to bring us more harm than good -" he cut her off with a kiss.

She wrapped her hands around his neck and kissed him back.

"I promise. Anything for you." He looked at her with ruby eyes dancing with passion and electricity. He was alive, for the first time ever, he was truly living.

"Thank you. We leave at eight." Her eyes became detached again, Chaos' effects taking over her once again. Another headache blurred her frizzled mind.

She pulled away from him and walked right into the walk-in closet.

***

A meeting was being held, she could tell by the empty hallways.

Dahlia was sneaking through the West Compound, the one she visited most.

It was mainly her family members controlling the Compound which is why she came to this one in particular.

The King's Queen |2|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara