|2.|

Chapter Two ▪︎ The King's Queen |2|

(Song: Sour diesel by Zayn)

Dedicated to CheyennesCrazyLife. Thank you for being the first comment and vote ♡

Days passed, and Dahlia was still on the run. So far she had no encounters with The King's Guard, but they were always close. She followed no pattern to throw them off and stole money from taverns to survive. She may not need to eat, but she still needed a place to crash after days of running.

She discovered that she could, in fact, get tired- but apparently not during a blood moon.

The Goddess told her how to channel her magic but she was on her own for the rest of the way. The Goddess also left her a hit list to complete before she could go back to her normal life, as normal as it was.

It had many names, but when she researched them, she realised that they belonged to bad, bad people.

Most of them were vampires and creatures alike, but she recognised a few hunter names, or at least descendants of the hunter families.

She had to risk teleporting to a Lord's castle to get ancient spell books that only few creatures could use. The spells were for dark magic and didn't require human sacrifice or any materials for that matter, only a strong vessel to channel them to the right spot.

Dahlia asked the Goddess to give her a name of what she was, so she could research herself, but the Goddess told her it would be useless because she was unique, the first and probably last of her kind. She also degraded her for her use of darkness to remain alive. The plan was for her to die a peaceful death and be resurrected, but Dahlia 'ruined it'.

However, she did give her a name; Vindira.

(Vindicta; revenge lat., ira; wrath lat.)

She belonged to the species Vindira, not Homo Sapien Sapiens, not anymore.

The 'vindi' was for revenge, for the revenge Dahlia was supposed to get, and the 'ira' was for the wrath she feels when killing someone who deserved it, who killed many before that and was going to kill many after that. The Goddess explained that Dahlia was there to save the future, so that some people would be born.

To simplify, Dahlia is supposed to kill the people who would have killed a parent of someone who has a destiny to fulfill. But that created problems because Dahlia could know who the important peopke were and they would be in great danger if somebody found out they were important, which is why the Goddess warded her skull with sigils of protection against mind reading before she told Dahlia the full list. Dahlia magically remembered it to the last name.

Her first kill would be Toby Hillian, a warlock who killed many humans for his sick spells and rituals. He was once a human who was so tired of living like a slave to the vampires that he decided to learn how to create dark magic and then use it with the help of various talismans and objects created by actual witches.

Dahlia was preparing for the fight. She didn't want to show off or even alert anyone of her recent abilities, but she was useless in the fight without them. So, she learned defense in spells, and ahe practiced offense with weapons.

Just in case, she learned a couple of tricks to paralyse the victim and sigils for quick deaths. She needed to keep the magic at a minimum because it might alert other creatures that there is something going on in the house and if somebody came to investigate, she would have to kill them.

She did not want any civilians harmed.

She had a plan- she would go in through a portal she would create and go out in the same fashion. Once she was in though, she would use a bow to shoot the warlock with a poisoned arrow that would hopefully be enough to slowly kill him. If not, she would shoot more and cut off his head once he was weak enough and burn it in his own fireplace, because she didn't know what kind of spells or sigils he might have used to protect himself if something like this was to happen.

Now, she had to sharpen her sword and get all her arrows ready because the fight would happen soon.

***

She made a portal inside of the motel she was staying in and walked through it.

Looking around, she realised she was in his bedroom, not the kitchen like she was hoping. Thankfully, she was a good hunter before becoming a Vindira and she studied the layout of his home thoroughly.

She remembered that the bedroom was across the kitchen, which connected to the living room. He was performing a ritual to make magic, which wasn't ideal because he would be at full power, but the positive side is that he would be too consumed by it, leaving him vulnerable to attack. She chose the arrows because they were easy to find and they were range weapons, which gave her the upper hand.

She created a different kind of portal to allow her to walk through the bedroom door without opening it.

She was now in the hallway. Straight across was the kitchen. The door was thankfully open, allowing her a silent entry.

There were containers filled with blood everywhere. There were human bodies being drained on the kitchen counter, their blood dripping into a metal bucket. She took out an arrow and got into position for a fight.

She sneaked to the living room. He was on the floor in front of a large bowl of blood, as expected.

She aimed the bow at him and shot, hitting him straight in the chest. His eyes opened and he smirked as he puffed into a smoke of black particles.

An illusion, she realised, but she was too late. He pushed her from behind and she stumbled over a decaying limb, falling straight on her face.

"Who are you?" A voice echoed around the room.

She didn't answer. She was terrified because she was a new species, she didn't know anything about herself or what could kill her, if anything even could.

At the moment, she hoped to be truly immortal, just like her mate.

The man appeared out of nowhere and pulled her by her leg, but she was now prepared for him.

She sprung forward and stabbed the man, Toby, in the chest. He growled and tried to push her away from himself, but she grabbed his neck and burned a sigil into it through her palm and to his skin, which weakened him and caused his body to release most of his magic.

He screamed and finally managed to push her away from himself. She landed swiftly and threw away her bow as she was falling, grabbed two arrows and jumped at his back through a portal. She jammed the arrows through his eyes and to his brain and twisted, killing him on the spot. His blood poured down her arms and under her sleeves.

He fell to the floor on his knees and she reached for her sword she used earlier to stab him and cut off his head. She grabbed it by his grey hair and walked to the living room where a fireplace was. She dropped the head inside and burned it using a spell she learned specifically for that purpose. She left it to burn as she collected her weapons and tried to save one of the humans who still had a pulse, but it was futile because the bastard already used her blood for the ritual. It drained her soul and leaving her alive would only bring misery to her, so she decided to use one of the spells she learned in case of an emergency.

Dipping her finger in a bowl of blood, Dahlia drew a sigil on the woman's exposed chest. It killed the woman painlessly and efforlessly. Dahlia wiped the sigil to keep The Guard as far away from her and as unsuspecting as possible.

She created another portal and left, thinking she was safe for at least two days to rest and recharge. But, what she forgot to do is remove the sigil from Toby's neck, which would give her a lot less time to rest, as she would realise later.