|21.|

Chapter Twenty One ︎ The King's Queen |2|

Luca, Dahlia and Thanatos were sitting in one of the castle's soundproof meeting rooms. After the altercation in Dahlia's tomb, the King and Queen took care of the soldiers and the mess the 'attack' created. The only thing left to take care of was Luca himself, sitting nervously in front of them. The emotion did not suit him at all, and Dahlia guessed that it didn't overcome him very often.

"So, what did you come here for?" She asked him hesitantly.

"Before I begin to tell you anything, please try to remain calm and sensible, okay? It's kind of an odd story to tell." Luca smoothed down non-existent wrinkles in his loose, slightly unbottoned dress shirt.

"Depends on the absurdity of it, but go ahead." Thanatos replied, reclining further into his chair and crossing his arms. Dahlia relaxed ever so slightly and leaned back as well.

"Okay, so I guess I should start with the beginning. I'm Luca. You may not know me at all, but I am one of you. I-"

"What do you mean?" Thanatos leaned closer to Luca, examining his features closely, a somewhat wild look on his face. Dahlia furrowed her brows, confused by the men's behavior.

"I'm a demigod, semigod, whatever you call it. You know, timeless, immortal, once human and now a god with a physical body..? You seriously thought you were the only one?" Luca spoke with an incredulous expression on his face.

"What do you mean 'demigod'?" Dahlia leaned forward, mirroring Thanatos' earlier expression.

"Demigods are creatures created by the Goddess herself. We are created when a human dies and their spirit gets touched by the Goddess before it leaves their body. She infuses it with her own magic because it's overflowing and causing her to go Chaotic, at least that's what I've learned throughout the years. That's why some of us have dimensional, some elemental, some dark etc. She usually creates us when something important is about to happen and we are supposed to affect it in one way or another. And that's why I'm here."

"You were just created?" Dahlia asked.

"You were. I'm older than the egyptian pyramids, probably. I can't remember exactly." He chuckled.

"You mentioned visions." Thanatos reminded him.

"Yes, I sometimes get visions from the Goddess. It's not through my magic, but through hers, so she controls them. They usually come when another one of us is created. I don't usually do anything about them, but this time the Goddess was quite persistent about me intervening. Then your bond was created and I somehow knew I should come here and protect you, don't ask me why, I have no clue either. So I made a decision. Whatever revolution you are planning on bringing on, I will help you with it. Consider me a loyal soldier, or a bodyguard. Actually, whatever you'd like, just so long as I get to kill bad people and stay close to you. I'll swear an oath if you'd like." Luca stood up, holding his hand out toward Dahlia to shake.

Dahlia liked the display of respect that he showed her by holding his hand out to her first, rather than her mate. She took it and without much consideration burned an oath sigil onto her arm as well as Luca's. Thanatos laid his hand on top of theirs, making the oath sigil transfer onto his arm as well.

"Now that we have that out of the way, why are you so ashen looking?" Thanatos asked, removing his hand as Dahlia and Luca let go of eachothers'.

"You should know the answer to that, Thantos." Luca glared, a bitter feeling in his soul.

"Why?" Dahlia spoke tentatively.

"He hasn't found his mate yet. The longer you live as a... demigod without a mate, the more ashen your skin appears and your heartbeat slows. It's what I looked like before you were born." Thanatos answered.

"You were the first one of us to get a mate."

"Really? How many of us are there?"

"A few. One was born for every major event in history, so I think there are approximately 15, not considering there might be more from before I was born."

"Where are they? Do you know any of them? Are there any other girls or are they all guys?"

"Girls and guys. Some have gone crazy and buried themselves, some tranferred to the other realm indefinitely- all due to their madness from a lack of a mate- and some hide away as your average creature. I was one of the hideaways."

"What can you do?"

"Teleport. Read and control minds. Move objects. I'm physically strong and extremely fast, like all of us. All my senses are high like yours, I have some extra senses too. I can use magic to make sigils like you. Stuff like that."

"Have you been caught up in out plans or do you need a step-by-step tutorial?"

"I only know what you've told the public."

"We'll walk you through our plan. We can make some altercations if neccessary."

The trio walked out of the meeting room, the weight of the world in their magic-infused hands, only one of them aware of the severy their actions would cause.