|1.|

Chapter One ▪︎ The King's Queen |2|

Dahlia was trapped in her own body for days. Nobody was surprised about her body's pristine condition. Most would be decomposing, but the magic stopped any and all chemical processes in her body.

She didn't need to breathe. To eat. To drink.

She was resting in the true sense of the word.

She was dead, but the world continued to turn, the people continued to work.

She only now regained her hearing. She only saw red light for what seemed like eternity.

She heard workers digging and she assumed she was in the garden.

She had no actual sense of time or place inside the tomb.

Alexander hadn't been able to visit her again. He couldn't take it.

She willed to move her fingers, but she was trapped.

Dahlia knew and was aware of the power brewing inside of her.

But it was useless as long as she was this weak. She needed to be skillfuly fast to leave the tomb without anyone noticing her.

***

Three more days passed. She could now see, hear, feel and taste, she found out about the last one when she accidentaly bit her lip and blood started pouring.

God, the blood tasted horrid even to herself. Infact, it tasted so bad she actually opened her eyes in shock and disgust.

She couldn't exactly lift up her head and look around the coffin, but bit by bit, she trained her neck to turn left and right.

Her whole body was sore and tingly. The tingles just started.

But then again, who knows? Maybe it was  3 years that had passed since the tingles started.

Dahlia didn't know. All she wanted was to get out of there.

It was a blood moon soon, as the Goddess told her. It would give her body power to move the light wooden lid from her tomb and exit the confined space.

She felt a humming in the air. She only faintly recognised it earlier, but now it was like a bee buzzing next to her ear. It drove her mad, she had to get rid of it. She assumed that it was the so called 'power' only she could feel.

In an anguished attempt at a scream, the lid flew open. It shattered into small pieces and made little to no noise, to her luck.

She lifed her pinky. Then one by one, she tried the other fingers.

Her arm was next. Then her feet and her legs. She lifted up her head and in a pained maneuver, she was sitting upright, only to fall back down due to dizziness.

She was hungry for the first time since she was awake.

The goddess warned her of a change in her body and to follow it's needs no matter the cost. I planned it all, she assured her.

Dahlia got up once again, this time more careful.

She realised that he had, in fact, built her a beautiful tomb decorated with dahlia flowers from the floor to the ceiling. They were colourless, though.