|22.|

Chapter Twenty Two ▪︎ The King's Queen |2|

Dahlia was surrounded by the Lords, Lady, her mate and Luca - the reason why they were all together in the first place.

"So you're telling me this Luca guy is a demigod? And that you are one of his kind?" Lady asked one of the questions going through the Lords' minds.

"Yes. It makes sense, he even swore an oath on it. He's not lying, I'd know it." Alexander defended his newfound friend.

The three of the demigods developed a strong bond, each finding the company of one of their own comforting. They all had the same issues, they comforted eachother and they all worked hard to help Dahlia with the consequences her Chaos brought on.

It was strange for them, but also strangely familiar, a feeling they easily got used to. They trusted eachother, knowing the other cannot lie to them. It was almost as though they developed a pack bond, but without the need to have a leader and followers. They felt like they finally belonged to a group, even Luca who had known about the others felt that way, due to never having contacted any of them.

"And how the hell is that? How can you trust a stranger like that? You are not endangering yourself, you are immortal, but us? We could get killed in a second if what you're saying is true! He could be here just to kill us! You're endangering the entire nation and the whole damn revoolution could be useless because you trusted the wrong person!" Lord Hudson argued.

"Do you seriously think I'd risk all of that for one man? I don't know why but I know that I can trust him, it's almost like a pack bond that we have developed. He is loyal to us, and we are loyal to him. I'm not asking you to welcome him into the family like I did woth Dahlia. I am ordering you to cooperate with him and treat him as one of the Lords. If you refuse to do so, you will be defying a direct order from your King, and will be punished accordingly. I understand why you are reacting this way, but you need to trust me on this one. Okay?" Alexander looked around the table, seeing the decisions on his family memebers' faces.

They trusted him, but were reluctant to do so with Luca.

Lady stood up. "In my entire life, you have never let me down regarding the decisions you make for ypur people. Don't make me regret trusting you this time."

Lord Zeno stood up, following her lead. "If he wanted to, he would have taken over a long time ago. I'm with you, my King."

Lord Jason followed. "My Queen is smart. If she trusts him, I do too."

Lord Sergej of Asia stretched and spoke in a yawn. "Sure. He seems cool."

Isaac nodded simply, fully trusting his sister.

Arnold made his opinion clear the moment he saw the powerful demogod, but nodded nontheless.

"Good. Now that we have everything settled, Luca will tell us everything he knows." They sat back down, letting the new addition to the high ranking royals speak.

"First things first, Dahlia's transformation. You were not contacted by the Goddess when you were transforming, which you already speculated. She did give you one vision though, the one where she broke your sigils. I was able to dig through your memory a bit and found that the person who planted them wasn't anyone immortal. It was a group of powerful vampires from Europe, I think. There were several surges of power coming from Paris, Budapest and Amsterdam at the time you were transformed, as well as your actual tomb. They used your weakness to implemen their magic into your mind and controlled your thoughts. It's most likely the reason why you went Chaotic- you were growing stronger and your magic was resisting their magic and it's sigils. I assume it's the Royals that did this. They have special powers like the Lords, since they are extremely old and all purebred. I assume some of them saw visions of you harming them and starting the revolution and warned the others." Luca spoke fluently, a concentrated expression on his face.

"Why didn't you tell us this earlier?" Dahlia groaned.

"I couldn't. I was trying to figure everything out, and I still had to find you and make up my mind about whether I join you or not."

"And you are entirel sure that you are with us?" Jason asked.

Luca pulled up his right hand sleeve, showing the sigil burned on his forearm. "I'm pretty sure I no longer have a choice."

"