|9.|

Chapter Nine ▪︎ The King's Queen |2|

Dedicated to Smallkittty. Thank you for voting! ♡

During the night of the full moon, Dahlia had to be chained and held down with magic. Alexander, or rather Thanatos, stayed with her during the night until the morning, mostly serving as an immortal bag of blood of her. Thanatos, being the sadist that he was, didn't mind.

When the morning came, he had a plan developed in his head. There was an event he used to do whenever he managed to come out to the surface. It involved a large part of the immortal population. It was specifically hosted for Thanatos to see all of the goddess' creations at work; he would start fights between them and give them prey to hunt.

It wasn't just his power or his immortality that made him King to all; it was his witts. 

He got to evaluate his enemies and see their weaknesses firsthand.

It was time for him to host another one, but he would have another new immortal to evaluate: his own Queen.

***

T

he castle was emptied of it's human residents. Only the most prestigious vampires and creatures alike remained. Guests were about to start arriving and Dahlia and Thanatos took their time in getting ready as if they had all the time in the world (knowing full well that they do). Physical appearance meant a lot to the royals. It expressed their wealth and power. Both females and males were sexualised and regarded with respect/disrespect due to it. Most unnatractive royals are turned into omegas and lose their royal title, which is why Alexander was so relieved to see that his mate is indeed 'acceptable' (highly arousingly beautiful in every aspect and category possible).

That was the reason for the ensamble of makeup and hair artists they had around them. They were both perfected to their highest potential.

"Don't forget to keep your composure. These people will take advantage of your weaknesses until they are able to outsmart you. Your best advantage is the fact that you are someone completely new to them. They know nothing of the powers you posses and the forces you can control-"

"Neither do I, must I remind you." Dahlia rolled her eyes. Her mate's other side had a much more talkative personality. Most of the time that he spent talking to her was 'wise lessons' and other ancient information she didn't understand or care for. "I'm immortal, don't you remember? We're here to find out who might be the one messing with me, not to intimidate people. I don't care about them and neither should they care for me- however, I know that if I let them intimidate me, it will always haunt me. So, as a compromise, I will not hide my power from them as some sort of a secret weapon, but flaunt it like the heavy diamond you hung on my neck." She looked down at the uncomfortably heavy chain with distaste. To her, it was far too extravagant and tacky.

"Goddess, you're so amazing." He hugged her in relief. This event took him on a rollercoaster of anxiety for her well being, and it was words like her's that he needed to hear.

"We're late in case you haven't noticed."

"It's called fashionably late." He replied as he placed a butterly kiss on her neck.

***

They stood before a large staircase, hands held tightly together. For the first time, it was The King who was nervous, not his darling mate.