|32.|

Chapter 32 ▪︎The King's Queen |2|

"Where is he, where is he, where is he, where... where is he, where... he..." Dahlia rasped through heaves of air, hyperventillating.

"He could've gone after them, you have to calm down, Dahlia. This doesn't mean they took him, hell, I'm not even sure that is possible!" Isaac reasoned from the couch.

"I have to go after him. I'm his mate, I could feel where he is, right? I have to hurry before they put any hiding sigils on him or something..." she mumbled to herself and rushed around the house, looking for a map of the world and a blade.

A locator spell on the world map would tell her his approximate location and she'd have to narrow it down to the exact location by doing multiple spells on much more detailed maps of cities, streets, villages etc.

She found the map in record speed and slashed her palm open on top of it.

"Locus Alexander Thanatos, locus." She said. The blood moved like an angry snake heading straight to the coldest place in the world.

The North pole.

"Fuck!" She screamed, swiping the map away from the table and clutching her head in her hands. "Isaac! Do you have a map of the North pole?" She asked him, knowing the most likely anywer would be no.

"I know who does. Take me to Lady's."

He went through the portal and came out in under a minute, holding a large map in his hand.

"They had it out on the table. I can only assume they thought that was where one of the rebels' hideouts was. They must have gone over it before they returned to the battle from Lady's place."

She took the map and unrolled it, slashing her palm again. She repeated the same exact spell and the snake moved to a place that had already been circled on the map. It was a castle, castle Rothvår to be exact. 

"I've heard of this. It is a ruin rumored to have been inhabited by skinwalkers and dragons." Isaac told Dahlia.

She grabbed her tablet and searched for the castle, immediately going to the photos and searching for a safe place to teleport.

Isaac snatched the tablet from her hands. "You can't go there alone. You know he cannot be killed, but that baby in you quite possibly can. You'd be taking an incredibly stupid risk by going there at all, let alone by yourself. I'm sure the Lords and Lady will be done with the castle in a couple of hours. We wait for them, and in the meanwhile we can come up with an efficient plan for getting him out, if he even is being kept hostage." Isaac spoke to her calmly, managing to anger her, calm her down and enrage her once more all in half a second.

"I will listen to you, brother. But if something happens to him while we wait, and I feel it happening to him, make no mistake. I will find him and I will get him out, no matter who comes with me or doesn't. He has been tortured enough in his life. I will not let it happen to him again."

"And I will follow you. Even if it means following you to my death." Isaac replied.

With those words ringing in her head, Dahlia fell asleep on the couch, exhaustion taking over her body like an ocean wave would send her barreling to the bottom like a heavy rock.

Isaac watched over her as she slept, worry coating his features. There was a grimace plastered on her sweaty face, and tears were rolling down her cheeks.

He could only assume they would both leave to Rothvår as soon as she wakes up. She had to have been dreaming what was being done to Alexander at this very moment.

As expected, she woke with a scream.

"I will pack the weapons." He got up and closed his book as soon as she looked at him. He understood her without a word being spoken between them.

"I will try to reach Lady and the others. We must hurry, Isaac. They are burning him alive." She swallowed bile rising up her throat.

"Then hurry, sister." He smiled at her, reassuring her that everything would be alright.

Dahlia teleported into the castle, finding the Lords and Lady laying on the floor limply.

"No, no, no, no, no, no!" She rushed to them, checking to making sure they were still alive.

She felt the spirits trapped inside their body and heaved a sigh of relief. She looked to Lady, finding a note nailed into her chest. She swallowed and pulled put the note along with the nail and read it.

Dear Dahlia,

your beloved is in Rothvår,
as you probably already
know. Your Lords and
the lovely Lady are only
asleep. When you come
for your King, I may
awaken them. It's now up
to you whether they live
or not. I must warn you;
the spell has been made
to kill them if tampered
with. I wouldn't try it if I
were you.

Sincerely,
The Emperor.

**another unedited chapter. Please excuse any mistakes.**