Final Chapter - Closure and Forgiveness

Seventh grade year was officially at an end. I knew eight grade year would be a lot more harder but I was prepared. I was prepared for the challenges, the struggles, burst most importantly I was prepared for whatever mean jerks I was gonna be up against but I wasn't going to think the inevitable. All of my friends and I were enjoying the carnival and celebrating.

I was celebrating myself because I was still here and I was still standing on this planet. The other girls who got their severe consequences still hated me but I didn't care. Karma is a real bitch. Mess with the Bull you get the horns.

Part of me, wanted them to suffer even more. My cousin told me: "one day when out there making a name for yourself, they'll be washing your car or better working as your personal chauffeur".

As much as I would've loved to see them suffer even more;possibly get sent to Juvie. I've decided that they weren't worth it anymore. The past couple of months, I've vented out my feelings and anger to my therapist and my mom about how the girls made me feel and how much I hated them so severely for what they put me through.

Yes, I HATED them with all my heart; but they both told me that hate is a strong word that should never be said or used. I didn't want to listen until my mother told me that in order to get rid of the anger that they had on me was to forgive them. Forgive them for myself so that I could move forward and find closure.

She told me "When someone hurts you, they take power over you. If you don't forgive them, they keep the power and pain that they inflicted on you. The best solution is forgive them for yourself and pray for them so that you could move forward"

It took me a long time to do that but eventually I managed to find peace with myself. Sure, I forgave them for myself so I could move on with my life but I'll NEVER forget. As time went by as I left middle school and went onto High school. I matured more and evolved even better.

Some of my old tormenters such as Donee and Payshae went to High school with me and I got into another fight with Donee this time but that's ancient history, I've won the fight of course :)

Over the years, mainly in the summer, some of my old tormentors such as Donee, Shakia, Jessica. We all ran into each other separately throughout the years and they did the unexpected thing: they apologized to me for the hell they put me through in middle school. They admitted they were jealous, insecure, immature, and just being really stupid girls. They told me they were jealous because I wasn't like them; I wasn't a follower. I'd never got into trouble, never got suspend etc.

I'll admit I was a bit surprised that they apologized. I didn't even think about them for the years that I've grown up into a adult. Alas, I remembered what my mom always told me: "It takes a BIG person to apologize and an even BIGGER person to accept that apology". So, although they apologized after years of not seeing them. I choose to be the bigger person and accept their apologies.

Forgiving them personally after all those years was the day I found closure. I never saw them again afterwards, but from what I found out is that the rest of them till this day have babies in their mid-20s from getting pregnant after HS. All I can do is wish them the best.

Being bullied was a painful, traumatic experience for me and it still is till this day for a lot of people mainly students. After sharing my story with you all, I want you to know that you are not alone. Bullying is a disease and it must come to an end right now. If you're being bullied by someone, it's best to get help immediately.

Tell your parents, friends, counselors, family, etc. There are people who care and who can help. You don't have to go through this alone. Suicide isn't the answer to ending your problems; trust me I've learned my lesson. After what I've been through, you can fight this and you will!

Remember you are strong, beautiful, handsome, powerful. You are Warriors. You are Fighters. Toxic people create their own storms then get made when it rains. Avoid them at All costs. You're still Standing.

You are Loved. You Do Matter. Most importantly: Never Give Up, Never Back Down from defending yourself and being a stronger person.

A/N: Thank you all for reading my memoir I WAS BULLIED. It's been a pleasure to share my story with you all on what I've been through and how I became a better person till this day. Remember you're not alone. Bullying is a disease and You can Stop it 💗💗💗