Mid-Semester Mishap Part 2: HALLOWEEN NIGHTMARE

Halloween

I was excited it was Halloween but I wasn't so sure if I wanted to celebrate. After past two months, things didn't seem to get any better. My mom constantly questioned me "Did you have any problems in school? Did someone mess with you?" I really HATED lying and keeping secrets from my mom. She is my mentor and hero. Part of me really wanted to tell her but I couldn't get a words out, no matter how hard I tried. I felt weak, insecure, and alone.

I had my friends and Matthew. Our friendship never changed one bit. Whenever I was around them, I felt safe and happy. But when I was alone, I was living the nightmare over and over again. Worse, a few boys(Whom new the girls that messed with me) joined in as well. They would trip me over, knock my books out of my hands, and called me "FAT", "UGLY", and "FREAK"

I didn't know what to do anymore. I skipped lunched a few times by eating my lunch in the bathroom or in the guidance office but I immediately put a stop to that. It was Halloween and the school was having a little Halloween party in the gym. BEST COSTUMES get prizes in gift cards. I decided to focus on that and attend with Matthew and Courtney.

Matthew

Hey Jerae, what are you going to be for Halloween? I'm going as a pirate...you?

I decided to go as a Vampire, I've always loved vampires since I saw Bram Stoker's Dracula when I was six years old.

I think you'll make a great vampire...I'm pretty sure you'll win said Matthew

Oh, I don't know Matt, competitions aren't really my thing ya know

yeah they aren't mine either but at least we will be there together to have fun said Matthew

We sure will :)

The rest of the day went by faster than I thought and before I knew it, it was time for the Halloween Party. Half of the student body was here, as was Shakia, Nyasia, Payshae, Dajannay, and Irene much to my dismay. But i decided to enjoy my Halloween night and have fun.

The party had already started  and everyone was already having a blast. Drinks, SWEETS ;), Games etc. I mainly stayed close to Matthew and Courtney ; trying to avoid The B*tch Clique as possible

A/N: I named girls whom tormented in Middle School the B*TCH CLIQUE because they were all friends and so close together.

Two Hours passed and I was too busy having fun with my friends. I told Matthew I need to go to the restroom. I had no idea that once I stepped out Gym, that I would be in for a shock.

I headed to the bathroom which was around the corner from the gym. Once at the sink, the door began to open, at first I assumed it was just some random student about to use the bathroom but it wasn't, instead it was Irene, Shakia, and Nyasia. they entered with evil grins on their faces. I did my best to not pay them any attention. As i began to exit, Irene blocked the door.

I was scared for what was going to happen next. Inside I was screaming and panicking but on the outside I was frightened. I took a step back. I couldn't breathe, speak, or move. The three girls confronted me in the Bathroom, and they immediately began to torment me on my costume and my appearance.

Shakia

Just because your dressed like a vampire, doesnt make you look scary or attractive.

she began to pull at my costume but i moved her hands away from me but then Nyasia jumped in.

Nyasia

Why are you even wasting your time at this school. Nobody likes you nor wants you here. You nothing but a little B*TCH...NO scratch that your a little SL*UT!!

When she said said those five letters  and four words, my world began to crash down. I've never been called a bitch or slut in my life. Questions kept racing through my mind "Why me? , WHAT HAVE I'VE EVER DONE TO DESERVE THIS TREATMENT? WHY DO YOU THEY PICK ON ME?"

What's the matter? Are you going to cry you little b*tch? No wonder, you barely have friends, your a nobody and a loser

I couldn't hold back anymore. I wanted to cry but i didn't instead I just screamed to the top of my lungs as shouted super loud "LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

Silence. It was utter silence in the bathroom for two minutes and then they began to laugh at my face and point fingers at me.

Irene

Is that all you got you freak? Hmm?

She approached me and pushed me super  hard to the ground. I fell onto my back on the floor without hitting my head. Then Irene bent down and said to my face with coldness and cruelness in her voice.

You should just kill her yourself. Nobody is gonna miss you. You better off not being here.

She stood up and the three of them walked out of the bathroom back to the gym. I was left alone. I stood up, fixed my costume and my hair . I looked in the mirror as a few tears began to shed. I looked at myself and my mind was racing; asking myself "Would they really be pleased if I was gone? Will they really be happy if I was gone? At that point, I didn't know what to do, I just left the bathroom and headed back to the gym.

Matthew questioned me to why i was taking so long. I lied and told him that I was speaking to my mom who asked me was I enjoying myself.  I could tell by the look on his face that he knew I was lying but I begged him to just leave it alone and don't bother; he intensely agreed.

Matthew

Just remember Jerae, I'll be here if you ever need to talk. Your not alone. You can always talk to me about stuff.

Thanks Matt.

We enjoyed the rest of the party till it was time to go home. My mom picked me up and  asked me did I have fun. I lied and told her I did. But, I'll never forget that tonight was a living nightmare for me.

A/N: This really happened to me on Halloween. It something that I've never been able to discuss with anyone, not my friends, family, siblings, and my mother. I've had nightmares about it for months.