Mid-Semester Mishap Part 1

October 22nd

Social Studies Class

Another day of lecturing. This time we learned about Boston Tea Party. As usual, I took notes and paid attention in class. Sometimes while the teacher was being boring as hell, I would just draw in my sketchbook to take a break from listening

A/N: I bet anyone who listens in class nearly dies of boredom of their professor lecturing. And would rather text on the phone instead of listening :) I still do it most of the time :)

As we learned about the Boston Tea Party, I felt something being thrown at me at the side. I looked to the ground and saw paper balls. I looked to my left and saw Nyasia, Shakia, Irene, and Brianna laughing and snickering at me. I was hurt by them throwing stuff at me but I decided to not pay them any mind.

They continued to throw some more even some pencil caps. I was struck in the face and I decided to tell the teacher once we got assigned our work. As we started working on worksheets, I approached the teacher's desk, Payshae slipped out her foot and tripped me over. I fell down and the class immediately bursts out laughing (minus the teacher and few students).

I was so embarrassed and humiliated that I decided to storm out the classroom with the coming after me.
I ran to the stairwell and sat at the bottom with an angry expression and tears unhurriedly pouring down my cheeks. The teacher found me

Mrs. Queen

"Jerae? What happened?"

I was too upset and crying to answer. She gave me some tissue and told me to calm down.

I finally explained what happened. And she asked me "have the girls been picking on me since she was gone"

Part of me wanted to Lie because I was afraid the others will jump me. But I didn't lie, I told her the truth and explained the mean things the girls have done to me.

Calm yourself child, it's going to be okay, I don't tolerate students picking on others. It's going to be alright.

I calmed downed and she walked me back to class. Once we entered, I could feel the other girls still laughing and snickering but they all went silent when Mrs. Queen raised her voice.

She moved me close to her desk. I felt safe and sound. She told me to write down the names of the girls who have been tormenting me; and I did just that. Later after class, she asked me to stay after and I explained some of the things of what Shakia, Nyasia, Irene, and Marianne did to me. I left out the part of how Shakia threatened to beat me up and the part of hiding in the Bathroom stall.

Well Ms. Jerae, I'm going to discuss this with the Principal and have him look into this situation. In the meantime, why don't you prepare for your next period. Do you need me to walk you to class or call security?

I should've said yes because I was afraid but in the end I said No because I thought will be alright by myself. So, I left the class and went to my locker. As I  went through my locker and grab my supplies for Technology, I felt someone tap my shoulder.

I turned around and saw Shakia, Nyasia, Irene, Payshae surround me. Payshae slammed my locker shut and I'll admit I was terrified but I put on a brave face and looked at them.

Shakia

Well, if it isn't little miss goody goody
What did you tell the teacher? Hmm?

I ignored her question and eye contact.

I'm talking to you, you little B*tch!!

Nyasia begin to make fun of hair and pull at it slightly. I kept trying to keep her hands away from me but she wouldn't relent.

Irene and Payshae grabbed my notebook and pencil case. I tried to move but Nyasia shoved me against my locker really hard.

Please stop!!! GIVE IT BACK!

I begged and screamed but they wouldn't listen. Shakia shoved me to the ground and Payshae and Irene started to kick my stuff on the ground. I was upset, angry, mad, and most importantly TERRIFIED!!! It was four against one. I was alone.

Payshae 

Your so pathetic!! Nobody likes you!!! Go to Hell!!

Nyasia

You should me homeschooled. Nobody wants you here!!!

Irene

Are you going to cry you little Freak!! Your such a LOSER!!!!

They kept ranting at me; calling me names, saying I don't belong here, and then Shakia said something that I really struck me!!

Shakia

YOU SHOULD JUST KILL YOURSELF!!!

They all walked away laughing as I gathered my stuff on the floor. I was numb. I couldn't speak, all I felt were a few tears pouring down my face. I went to the bathroom to dry my face. I looked in the mirror and kept asking to myself

Why me? WHY??!!!

Then I asked  myself....Would they really be happy if I was gone? I don't know.

I left the bathroom and walked to class with my head down. I could tell this mid-semester hell was only the beginning