I Was Numb

My sister and my soon to be wealthy brother-in-law came to pick me up from school. Since my mom was at work, they let me stay at their house until my mom got home.
I loved my sister and my brother in law James. As we rode in his expensive SUV, along the way, I laid my head down in the car, and stared into space. Inside I was screaming, yelling, and breaking things as I continued to heat the echoes of the girls calling me names and saying I was a loser, on the outside I quiet as ghost.

An hour later, we arrived at his luxurious estate. I went upstairs in one of the guest rooms to lay my head down. My sister gave me some medicine and I took a little nap to relax my head and calm down. I turned on Scooby Doo Where Are You to cope with sadness.

As I watched episode "That's Snow Ghost", my mind was racing back to the bathroom stall, the words and names that they said and called me, made a stomach churn and my chest hurt. I kept asking myself, "Why me...out of all the girls in the class... WHY ME?!"

I continued to shed some tears and just fell into sleep. A hour later, I got up and decided to finish my science, reading, and history homework. Since I left during Lunch, I missed math class, so I had to get the make up work tomorrow. It didn't take long to do my homework, they all just worksheets.

At 4pm, James and my sister prepared to take me home not before taking me to get some dinner, I asked them to take me to McDonalds so I could get the mighty kids meal. Once I got home, mom asked me was I feeling better and I was. Then she asked me the question I didn't want to hear "did you have any problems at school?"

My eyes widened, part of me wanted to tell her what happened but the other part of me didn't want to say anything. So I lied and said "No". As mom went to her bedroom, I went to my bedroom to watch Looney Tunes. That show always cheered me up whenever I depressed. The laughter from show made me laugh but on the inside, I could never forget what happened today...I was Numb