No more Tears

January - Winter Time - Third Quarter Semester

I never thought that Christmas and New Year's would by so fast. Alas, the holidays were over and it was back to school at the beginning of the second semester. I honestly was happy that I was gone for the break .I got to do a lot all my fun thing with family during the holidays.
It was a relaxing Christmas. I didn't like celebrate New Year's, I just look at it as another year to live. Reason why, is because New Year's is the anniversary of my dad's death.
I've always hated New Year's, It just wasn't the same without my dad. That night I lost him, my whole world came crashing down; but I vowed keep my head up high and stay strong for him.

I've evolved over this past couple of months, these karate classes have been helping me a lot. Along with my mother's guidance, I started to defend myself and stick up for myself more. I was still in the same class sadly but I came back with a smile and courage in my bones. Some of classmates welcomed me back like they did the others. The rest of them I ignored because they knew that I didn't f*ck with them; and that was ok.
I've been through hell the past couple of months, even though I've had nightmares about the past. I  refused to go back down that road again. Class had begun, and the my first day went by so smoothly. Hanging out with my friends again was amazing. Ashley, Toni, Monee, and Courtney were real supportive as well as my male friends including my clownish friend Khalil who loved Lady Gaga as much as I did.
I ignored the glares of the other girls that were mad at me because I got the bitch clique in serious trouble. I didn't let that bother me because they got what they deserve. My real wish was that they would get expelled and probably get sent to either military school or an alternative school; but we all can't have our wishes come true but them getting in trouble and held accountable was justified enough for me.

Over the next two months, things went by pretty smoothly. Spring was in the air. My classes were going ok. I had no problems, I'd assumed because all the kids knew what happened last year when my mom and I took action. My mother was the kind of woman who didn't play; especially when it came to the well-being of her own child. The hall sweepers who I bonded with, always asked me "how have I been?" "Any issues?" And I honestly told them no, I've been alright. Things went by pretty smoothly....But come April, fourth quarter, when things were starting to get better.

One of Shakia's friends tried to pick on me as payback for getting Shakia in massive trouble. I intended to ignore her but the moment the shoved me....

Shakia's friend
"get up! Come on get up!"

I got up and faced her. I didn't show any fear, I just was ignored. She tried to intimated me but I wouldn't show any sign of fear.

Shakia's Friend
"Are you gonna cry? Like you did before you like crybaby?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed. She was irritated that I didn't give in, but the moment she shoved me...

I jumped her. I remember jumping on him and punching the shit out her. The next thing everyone was chatting "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!"

I didn't give two sh*ts that they were cheering. I was pissed. She got up and tried to punch me but I grabbed her fist and twisted it and side-kicked her in the stomach

She fell backwards. It was awesome to see her fal backwards but did she stop? Hell no. She came at me once again trying to punch me, so what did I do? I grabbed her arm and threw her over my shoulder and she slammed against the lockers.

All the students were shocked and cheering. But I still didn't care. I was gonna show them all that the Old Jerae was Dead and the New Jerae isn't one the f*ck with.

She tried to catch her breath and tried hit me but I took my book and hit her in the throat and sucker punched her right in the nose and eye. She sunk to the ground; using her left hand to cover her neck and her right hand to hold onto her nose.

The words that I said to her became memorable: DONT FUCK WITH ME B*TCH! You've got the wrong one now!

Within minutes, Hall sweep guards came and broke up the fight and took me to the office and her to the nurse.

I discussed my story and told them everything that happened. The other girl tried to cover up her story saying I hit her first but the security video doesn't lie. I was let off the hook and she got suspended and detention.

Afterwards I continued on with myself and my seventh grade school year.

Fourth Quarter Semester -April - May

The school year was coming close to an end. Which meant grades were at stake along with test scores. Tons of students were desperate to pass the final semester since half of them got caught in hallsweep for being late, not to mention flunking classes. But I didn't care, I only focused on moving on with my life. April  passed in a flash. My tormentors glared at me but I ignored them because they weren't worth it. All I could do was smile in praise and satisfaction.

Finals were coming up in early May; and I was really anxious to pass them because I had struggled in Science and Math; so I studied my ass off. I wasn't worried about Reading, Social studies, or my electives I was doing good. My friends and I were all hoping to pass because we didn't want to fail nor attend summer school. We all studied together during our free time, quizzing each other and reviewing the important facts that would be on the tests.

The Day of Finals - May 15th

Finals came and I was nervous as hell but I decided to not think the inevitable. I would only do the easy ones first then come back to the hard questions. Each test in all classes were the whole class period. Even if we finished early, we just had to flip our paper over and wait till class dismissed. Hour by an hour, we took our finals in our requiremental classes excluding lunch period.

I took my time and didn't rush. I won't lie it was hard but it as long I did my best that what mattered. We wouldn't receive our final grades until our reports came in the mail. School was over and finals were done. The school had an end of the year celebration in the school front lawn. Too bad, all my tormentors couldn't attend because they were banned. I even heard that some of them have to return for summer school and/or repeat the seventh grade because their GPA's were 2.0 or less.

Oh well. All my girlfriends, guy friends and I were having a blast. We couldn't wait for 8th grade and obviously graduation next year: one more stop to High school. I was least thrilled except on the High school part. Eight grade was still being held in the same school that I loathe with my heart but nonetheless I was prepared for the challenges up ahead of me. I wasn't afraid anymore.

I was ready to become a better and stronger person. The only thing I looked forward too in eighth grade was 8th grade prom, field trips out of state, and of course graduation; but most importantly I was