And So the Torment begins

First week of school went by ok. I met a lot of great students, some were clownish, playful, serious and amusing.

As I waited outside my history class for the teacher, I saw a few girls who have given me the cold shoulder, I don't know why, I was being nice and polite and they just shrugged it off like I was nothing. I hurt at first but then I just brushed it off.

Once in history class, I got assigned to sit in a group with Shakia, Payshae, and Marianne. I sat down next to Shakia and as I putting my stuff in my desk, Shakia pushed my stuff off my desk.

I was shocked and confused to why she did that?

"What was that for?"

"I felt like it...what are you gonna do about it? She asked with a stern voice.

I was shocked but I completely ignored her by rolling my eyes at her. The substitute teacher: Mr. Collins came in and told us that our real teacher was on maternity leave for the next 6 weeks because she just had her baby.

As class began, we were instructed to write a paper about what we expect to get in the class at the end of the year. He told us we could work in groups or individual. Being the loner I was back then, I decided to work alone because it helps me concentrate and stay focused.

A half hour went by, and as I was writing and proof reading, the teacher stepped out the room to get some more copy paper, I just maintained focused on my work as the other girls just chatted and gossiped until one of them called me

Jerae...Jerae?!

I looked up and Nyasia was looking at me with smirk and a few other girls looked at me.

Yes?

She smirked and called me a "GEEK!!" loud enough for everyone to hear. Shakia and few others started to laugh at me.

I was so shocked and hurt for being called a name I have never been called before in my life, that I broke down in tears crying. The teacher came in back in and asked what happened.

As I cried, I could hear and see Marisa tell the teacher what Nyasia called me and that the others were laughing. He sent her to the hall security and told the others to leave me alone. I calmed myself and decided to let it go.

At lunch, All students were assigned to sit with their classes. I sat with a few nice girls named Toni, Jessica, Ashley, and Courtney. We all talked and ate lunch until one of the girls threw some French fries at my face and gummy bears.

I was appalled, shocked, and upset, they just threw stuff at me for no reason and I just shielded myself preventing the food getting my face. They started to laugh until the teacher came and I told them what happened.

The girls got sent out the cafeteria to the guidance office. I went to clean myself off and went back to my art class with the others. Courtney told me not let them bother me and just ignore them.

In my art class (A/N: my favorite class) I was sketching a picture of my pet rabbit: Bugs Bunny Beckwith and my pet cat: Persephone. Class was good, I was too focused to pay attention to anyone else but on the inside I was screaming and crying my eyes out, I was still hurt that the girls threw their lunches at me, when I had done nothing to them.

I asked the teacher to use the restroom. I didn't have to go, I just needed to calm down. I walked in and splashed some water in my face and looked in the mirror. I gazed and asked myself "Why Me? What did I do to deserve that?" I inhaled and exhaled and I was already feeling better.

As I began to walk out the restroom, I heard familiar voices coming, so I hid in the stall and kept very quiet. The voices were of Shakia, Nyasia, Payshae, Marianne, and another girl Briana.

As I hid in the stall, I could hear them gossiping and talking about me,

Shakia

Jerae is such a goodie goody. She always gets special treatment from the teachers! I hate that b*tch!

She got an B+ on her Science quiz and I got a D on mine. And when she caught me looking at hers, she hid her paper. Ugh!!

Briana

She is so ugly!! She is such a little loser. A little teacher's pet with no friends

Nyasia

Nobody likes her. She doesn't belong here. She should just go away. I got something planned for her after electives class. Just you wait and see

They all continued to chat until the they left. I was so distraught and hurt by their words, that I just sunk to the floor and cried. I couldn't hold back the tears. A teacher overheard me crying and brought to the office.

Principal Walton

Are you Alright missy? Did something happened?

I didn't look up. I just stared at the floor until I looked up. He asked me was I being picked on.
I didn't want to tell him the truth because I was afraid that the girls would come after me if I told the principal. I lied and told him that I was crying because I have a really bad headache.

A/N: This is true. Migraines run in my family, and I'm mainly the one who gets them.

The principal bought and so did the teacher. They sent me to the nurses office and let the lay there until my elder sister came to pick me up. As I entered the bed area in the nurse office, I buried my face in the pillow and sobbed quietly by the things the girls did and said about me today. I later there for about an hour until my sister and my future brother-in-law came.