First Day of 7th Grade

August 21, 2009 7:30am

I woke up, ate breakfast, showered, got dressed and  doubled-checked to make sure I had everything for school.

Finally Goodbye Long fields Elementary, and Hello Middle School.

I was so excited to start my first day of middle school. I was excited to meet the teachers and classmates and especially meet new people and make new friends.

You see in grade school, I had very few little friends. I was a loner and a outcast. I always kept to myself and focused on my schoolwork. I wasn't into the cliques, gossips, or any of that stuff.

Hopefully, being the new girl won't be so bad. As I enter the school, I realized that the principal made all kids be put in non coed classes. Girls in all girls classes and boys in all boy classes.

I was kinda excited to put in all girls class because I couldn't stand the guys. Who were immature, wild, goofballs and crazy. I walked in my new science class and met my new teacher Mrs. McGaw. She was nice and loving woman with a generous heart.

I sat at my assigned desk and I saw a bunch of new faces. Many girls looked at me with smiles, they could tell I was a new to the school. Some girls didn't pay any attention which didn't bother me at first.

Announcements

Good morning ladies, I'm Mrs. Kathy McGaw, and I am your science teacher for your seventh grade year. I want you all to stand up when I call your name in alphabetical order and say your name, how old you are, when is your birthday, and what do you like to do.

A few girls when first before me and before I knew it, it was my turn. I was kinda shy to speak in public but mom says that overcoming my shyness will help me become more confident, and she was right.

I stood up, looked, and faced everyone with a kind smile.

Hello, I'm Jerae Beckwith, I am 11 years old. My birthday is September 30th, and I love designing clothes and drawing.

They clapped and I sat back down.

Several names later, the teacher told us what we were going to be doing for the class period. Doing worksheets in a group, so we could all interact.

I was assigned to work with a few girls named Stephanie Rawlings, Shakia Johnson, Nyasia Jones, and Jessica Flores.

They all seemed very nice and asked me the basic questions: what school I came from?, where I'm from?, and what do my parents do?

I was so naive and innocent, that I felt like we all were going to get along just fine. But mamma, always says everyone who smiles in your face is not your friend and always watch your back, and she was right.

The first day in first class went along great. I kept thinking maybe my seventh grade year will go smoothly...but boy, I had no idea what I was in for this year.