Chapter eight

Let Go

   We all had a long journey we drove for so long. We took a break by then Alex’s leg was completely fine now. Carl and I love to piss Alex off, when we kiss and such. I find it amusing. “Carter” Rick randomly blurted my name. I looked at him to respond, “We are going to Noah’s old home to see if his love ones are still there.” I nodded “Alex is staying here with you.” He randomly said and I nodded. “Okay sweetie I’ll see you when I get back I’m going to talk to Carl” he kissed my forehead and walked away.

 After an hour later; Rick, Glenn, Tyreese, Michonne. And Noah went on their way to Noah’s hometown.

  “Carter, could you hold Judith?” Carl asked me and I simply grabbed Judith from his arms. Carl started going through his bag  “They are going to come back” Carl randomly blurted out. “I know,” I said while looking down at Judith.  “I just have a bad feeling about this…” I then said. Carl put his hand on my shoulder “it’ll all work out.” “Carter!” I heard Alex shout my name. I turn to see him running up to me. “What” I bluntly responded.  “I want you in my sight where ever we go, I’m not loosing you again.” He said and I looked confused “what are you talking about?” I asked, “I don’t trust Carl… I don’t want you around him.” I laughed and grabbed Carl and started making out with him. When our lips unglued I looked at him and responded, “You don’t tell me what to do.” I then started feeling the heat from my cheek when I realized he have just forcedly slapped me.

  “Hey!” Carl alerted him “wait” I blurted. I handed Judith back to Carl and turned back to my brother. “What are you going to do?” he asked and I took a deep breath and said “Nothing, Just remember if it’s between Your life or Carl’s I’ll chose Carl screw you, You’re not my brother never was never will be but lay your hand on me again you’ll wish you haven’t.” I started to walk away.

 “Wait Carter!” Alex said while grabbing my arm. I glared at him and he let go. I stormed off and went to Maggie who couldn’t stop crying. I sat down not saying a word just hoping for everything to get back to normal. Of course that won’t happen. “Carter” I heard a cry I looked over to Maggie and questioned, “yes? ”Could you get Carol for me please?” she asked I nodded. I got up and walked over to Carol “Maggie needs you” I alarmed her. “Thank you dear” she said and started walking towards Maggie.

  When are the questions in my head going to end? I keep having a bad feeling in my stomach.  One person is not coming back….

  I got one answer but who would not come back.

  After waiting for something that felt like forever. They came back with distinct faces. I looked over to see Tyreese is missing…. I covered my mouth to the answer of my question. One of the first people that I met in this group… “Is he really gone?” I said to my self I could tell Rick heard me and looked at me and nodded. Sasha came pushing through looking for Tyreese. “Where is he?” she detoured to Rick. “Gone, dead” Rick said looking down regretting his words seems like he wish none of it happened. Glenn hugged Maggie; Sasha became distant of the group.  Rick then begin to talk “we have to go, we need to keep moving find shelter and water, food.”

 “But first let’s have a funeral to honor our brother for risking his life for others.” Rick pronounced.

  Father Gabriel started reading from the bible. Each one of us grabbed some dirt with a shovel and put it on the pile where Tyreese lied. Rest in peace Tyreese you were always a good man I thought in my head and looked up in the sky.

 Carl was holding Judith and was looking at me. Alex walked slowly to me. “ Carter, let’s go” “Go where?” “Leave this group” I laughed to Alex suggestion “you can I’m staying.” I walked over to Carl, Alex tried to grab me but I kept walking. “Hey how’s she doing?” I asked and he smiled “pretty well, how are you doing.” “I honestly don’t know “I respond. “I’ll get better” he responded. I nodded. “I just wish some things could be different you know?” I stated and Carl said “baby, nothings going to change we just have to keep moving” I nodded. He kissed my lips and walked to his father to give him Judith.