Chapter Eleven

Don't Leave

   “Carter, want to go on a walk.” Carl asked I nodded. I looked up at the bedroom wall. “What’s wrong?” Carl was concern. “Nothing” I respond while getting up. We got ready and brushed our teeth. He looked at me and suggested,  “You should put your hair up, it’s hot.”  I nodded and started putting my hair in a bun. 

   I looked at Carl and he smiled so I smiled back. “Are you sure you are okay?” he seemed to be really worried. I nodded “Just feel weird.”  “How?” he asked I responded “I didn’t have to think about waking up with an sudden feeling time to kill.” He laughed “We’ll get use to it” I nodded. We started to walk out of the house and Rick stopped us “Where are you guys going?” “On a walk” Carl quickly responded. “Okay see you guys later” Rick added. We walked out and started walking the streets and then “Hey guys…” we heard a familiar voice. We turn to see Ron “Hi” I responded with a smile Carl seemed to get confused. “I wanted to apologies for my behavior yesterday.” “Thanks “ I accepted and Carl put his hand out to accept Ron shook “so we are good now?” he asked and Carl nodded. “By the way you guys have to come to Deanna welcoming party for you guys.”  He disclosed while walking with us. I nodded “That sounds fun.” I lied.  I really I didn’t want to go.

   He giggled and confessed “You are a pretty girl” he was about to continue but Carl interrupted  “Hey watch it we just got out of not liking each other because of that.” Ron looked shocked and laughed it off  “I was going to say I didn’t realized you had a boyfriend until yesterday.”  “So if I didn’t you would still treat me like that…” I nagged. He nodded “Sadly I am a pig, but hey I get it your written on stone for him.” we looked confused at Ron and he laughed again “in other words you are taken.” We nodded and continued to walk. Then this little boy ran to us, an adorable little boy. “Sam what do you want” Ron asked the little boy. “Mom wants you to come and get a shower to get ready for things… dad also want to talk to you.” The last part he seems scared to say. He nodded “Guys I got to run hope to see you at the party” he ran as fast has his legs could. “Want to go out side the walls” he offered me. “Yes.” I praised for this moment “What about weapons” I then seem to take down that plan he pulls out two guns “Pick one” he commanded I grabbed one “Storage?” I asked. We went to the wall side where the last time we went out to follow that girl. We were on the other side. It seemed quiet “Carl… It’s to quiet” he laughed to my whining. “You wanted to come,” he teased and I laughed and said “It’s better then in there.” He froze. “Do you honestly like it out here more then in there?” he questioned. I nodded “Don’t you see we are trapped, I’m pretty sure Deanna has some plan using us for something, maybe fighting her enemies that might be coming something…”Carl looked confused what I said. “Do you want to leave?” he offered I looked at him in confusion. “I’m not leaving you guys.” He said,  “You and I both know you can make it out there without any of us.” “Are you suggesting I leave you guys.”?  I argued back. “I’m letting you choice” he responded. “Are you a dumbass, I’m staying here with you and that is final.”  I stated. “Carter” he choked. I stared at him confusingly “I want you to feel happiness and I know for a fact you aren’t getting it here.” He went to continue. “Carl you are my happiness.” He started to tear up “Carter I really think you should it’s an opportunity.” “What about us” I stated and he started to spill tears “Carter I honestly do love you but I think you need to leave for your condition, someone in here like Ron’s dad the doctor he will see the bite and take it wrong.” He started to rub his eyes. “Carl, breath I’m not going anywhere I’m staying here with you, forget that doctor, I’ll kill him before he touches me for this bite.” Carl looked up to my statement. I was serious I wasn’t leaving him not for anybody. He nodded and I hugged him we were crying in each other arms. “Carl…” he looked at me “Never and I mean never tell me to leave you again.” He nodded and hugged me more I kissed his lips with a smile “What the hell are you guys doing out here?” he heard a voice I looked up to se that girl. Carl looked interested “Just hanging out” I said she laughed “Out here, wow I’m surprise little missy here isn’t scared, is that’s why you looked like you are crying.” I laughed “Yeah total.” “Are you a dumbass or just playing dumb.” She asked getting on my last straw “None of your business girl.” I started to get feisty. “Is she the weak type of girlfriend?” she asked looking at Carl. 

 “I advise you not to try me” I began to get pissed.  “Shut up” she went to throw a punch I grabbed her hand and laughed “was that where you were going?” I asked she went to throw another punch with the opposite hand but I let go of her right and knocked her dead in the face. She was knocked out “Dumb bitch” I mumbled. I went to climb the wall and Carl got kind of mad and said “We can’t leave her out here” I gave a big sign and jumped down and helped him into the wall with her on our backs. When we got back on the other side. I dropped her. “Are you really going to leave her on the ground” he seemed worried about the girl. “She on the safe side, besides we don’t even know where she lives.” I started to walk away “Carter… I d know where she lives…” I rolled my eyes to him declaring that. “Fine” I nagged and helped picks her up. We finally brought her to her house and got in and laid her on the couch and I stormed out. Business here is over for me. “Carter…” Carl came running to me “Why are you acting like this” he called me out like that some people looked “Acting like what…” I said trying and hoping attention would go bye bye but it didn’t “You are acting like a total bitch to her.” He dared to say I gasped “Did you see how she acted…seems to me you have a crush on her” I seem too finally croaked out.  He disagreed “It’s not that, just learn how to be nice to her.” I gasped again “Carl you seem to miss the important picture, she wanted to beat my ass out in the woods, if she would have knocked me out she would of left me there. I at least brought her to her fucking couch.” I was really pissed that he blamed this on me so I stormed off.

I walked to my front door and Deanna stopped me. “Hello Carter came to give you this beautiful dress for the party tonight.” I smiled and thanked her “Thanks but you didn’t have to.” She smiled “oh I did it’ll look absolutely beautiful on you.” I nodded “Thank you.” I grabbed the box out of her hands and asked, “When is this party “ and she told me in an hour.  I nodded and re thanked her for the dress and walked up stairs and jumped in the shower. Got out used the blow dryer and I swear it’s been a while. I opened the box. It was a red dress and it was so beautiful that I was afraid if I wore it it’d be ugly. I looked in the box to see black heels to go with it and a necklace with diamonds and a black little sweater for the dress. I slipped on the dressed and the heels then the necklace and put on the sweater. I started to look in the mirror and thought what do I do with my hair. I grabbed the brush and brought some side bangs out and brushed my hair to the side. Everyone else got ready downstairs. I wasn’t sure how I felt about this. I slowly walked down the steps and I looked up to see Carl’s face glow. Great I still want to kiss him but at the same time slap his face. I saw Rick nudging Carl to say something he was almost drooling and he coughed and said “Carter you look absolutely beautiful” I nodded “Thanks you look good your self” still wanting to pound his face but I’m okay hopefully. “You do look really beautiful Carter” Rick added I nodded “Thanks you look great too.” We all walked slowly to Deanna’s house and she opened it with joy and told us to come in. she looked at me and said, “I knew you were the one for that dress” I giggled, “thanks again.” “No thanks for coming” she added and Carl walked off to Ron and them I looked to see Noah is chilling in the corning on a wall. He looked over and gave me that ” I’m okay“ sign I nodded and decided to walk over to Carl and Ron. “Oh Carter you look absolutely beautiful.” I heard Ron say I nodded “Thank you, you look handsome yourself” god I hope Carl don’t get mad I said that he didn’t lucky. He smiled at me “Carter.” He stated my name like he was going to be serious about something. “I’m sorry I went off on you earlier it was not your fault. “I nodded in relieve and said, “It’s fine I’m sorry went off on you” He nodded “you did it for a good reason.”  He giggled and kissed my check. I smiled as he did too “Sam!” I heard Ron called out to his brother I turn to see him running up and stopped when he seen me “Hi, I’m Sam you are really pretty may I have a hug” I giggled to his cuteness and said “I’m Carter and of course” and hugged him. “Sam could you catch us some drinks” Ron interrupted the cute moment. He nodded and ran for it he seems to never show up after that. When it was time to go home Deanna thanked us again. And we walked back home. I went up stairs with Carl and it was time to get ready for bed. I needed help with my dress and asked Carl to unzip it for me he agreed and unzips it and turned around taking his clothes off as well. When I finally get the dress off and grabbed the sweat pants. I turned to see a glance of Carl staring. “Carl are you really sneaking a peak,” we giggled and he said “Maybe” I laughed and pulled my sweats up and turn to see him shirtless. He has a nice stomach for a teen his age. He walks up to me, hugs me I hugged back. “You should sleep like this” I looked down to realize I was only wearing a bra and sweats. I didn’t care though “Alright” I pronounced and we hoped in the bed and he grabbed my waist and whispered in my ear “I’m so glad you didn’t leave, I love you” “I love you too” I responded and fell asleep.