Chapter Thirteen

Don't  Keep Walking

  I woke up the next morning, did the same routine brush my hair and got ready to take on the day. Decided to take a little break from being in a cage. I walked on the front door and saw all the fakeness of everyone. I went outside the walls to relax and thinking about last night. Noah is dead… I needed to go think about it and pray to tell him I miss him. I remember on the long road trip to his hometown before we split up and a small group went we were always smiling a laughing. I don’t like letting people see me praying. Mostly because I’m not really praying, just saying my goodbyes in peace. I sat there and held my hands in front of my face and said “Noah if you hear me, I’m sorry what happen to you I miss you and wish you didn’t die. This is the beginning Noah… rest in paradise” I then remember the talk we had at the barn, something was trying to tell me something.

I then jumped because I heard leafs crunching. I looked up to see Carl. I wanted to say something but then I heard a girl. That girl… Enid… “Carl I know you are following me.” I moved to the side to try to listen barley heard anything. 

“Everyone dies and you know that,” she said while revealing herself. “Follow me” she grabbed his arm and ran as my nosy self wanted to see why she was making my boyfriend follow her was confusing. 

I decided to sneak towards them. I listened closely as I can. She threw a timer at a walker. I rolled my eyes to her trick and then they ran to a log area I followed after. I am an expert at tracking. As I ran towards them I put my arm up and killed the timer walker. 

I finally made it where they were and yes I stalked them. “Cool knife” he sat while sitting by her. “Thanks it was my moms,” she said while carving it into a log. “What happen to you before you got here” he asked “does it matter?” she said. I looked up to see walkers I wanted to put my hand up but that would make a lot of noise and waste a lot of energy. So I climbed a tree and looked down at them. 

They ran in a tree trunk that just so happens to be across from my tree hope they don’t see me. The walkers roamed. I didn’t care they were in the trunk together just protecting hiding spot to wait in.

   They keep staring at each other she was whispering in his ear. Out of nowhere he started touching her hand. He was about to make a move. My heart sank. He stopped all I wanted to do was cry he thought about it. They looked like they are about to kiss. I then remembered Ronny the reason we even broke up was because he cheated on me and of course the number of forced sex and the numerous of beatings. The thought of Ronny hurt me all I wanted to do was cry. Of course my expert track clicked on and I fell out of the tree. But luckily I ran as fast as I could they hopefully were making their lovebird eyes at each other than seeing me.

 I know that sounds terrible but the fact I was stalking is worse. 

   I jumped over the fence. I saw Glenn walking away from something. “Carter you all right?” he asked I nodded. “Carter you really shouldn’t go out there without weapons.”  He concerned. “I know” I was out of breath. “Hey Carter” I heard Ron running up. “Hey” I said still struggling to catch air. “You should come over,” he suggested. “Why?” I questioned. “My mom said she had a surprise for you or some shit like that come on” he announced and grabbed my hand and ran me to his house I hope he realizes I’m out of breath.