Chapter fourteen

The Meeting 

  I woke up and decided to take a walk. I untangled Carl’s arms on me and got ready.

I ran down stairs and saw Michonne “Hey “ I startled her “Hey Carter how are you?”  “Good thanks, hey Michonne thanks for yesterdays talk, and I needed it.” “Welcome Carter if you need anything else come talk to me” “Alright thanks” I walked out the door to end that conversation. I thought I was loosing it yesterday. 

  Ron saw me and ran next to me “Hey Carter how are you?” “I’m alright thank you for asking. How are you?” “Carter?” he asked with concern “About yesterday?” he started to continued I interrupted “could we not talk about it”  “Yeah, yeah…” he started to wiggle his fingers. “Carter, I Have to tell you something you might not like…” “If it’s about you liking me I know”  “It more than that” I froze to his last comment. “What’s up?” I was regretting even asking.  “There is a meeting today, about Rick and you fights yesterday.”

   I nodded “What is the meeting really about?” “Keeping you guys here or not”

I nodded again with a sign. Looked up to see a girl with a beaten face. I realized it was Enid, The girl I almost killed. ”Hey Carter” I was close to prepared for a fight. She sounded sweet, “Yes?” I questioned. “Sorry… I should of never tried to fight you. I’m just... sorry” she ran off with her cheeks red. Is she embarrasses of something? I had no idea what was going on. I saw Carl walk out the house “Hey Ron I’ll see you later” “Sure” I ran to Carl to see how he was doing “I’m going to check on my dad coming?” he asked I nodded. We walked hand in hand to the house Rick was staying. 

     We walked in to see Michonne in the corner. “You guys should leave soon.” She seemed upset. “Why what’s wrong?” I asked “Nothing, I just want to talk to him the second he wakes up.” I nodded Carl hugged his sleeping dad. “When will he wake up?” Carl asked Michonne “soon” he nodded “well let’s go.” We walked out and Carl sign “Carter, if you had one wish about this world what would it be?” “I don’t know.” 

“Wouldn’t you wish it would stop?” “No” I said in a heartbeat “why” “Believe it or not this world saved me, yeah I lost a bunch of people but I met you”  “Carter, let’s go to the house and make lunch or something.”  “Okay?” I started to question. 

   We go in our house and started making food. Mac and cheese “Get some water in a pot” I told Carl. While we boiled the noodles. He hugged me “I’m so glad we could live in the moment like this” he whispered in my ear. When we finished cooking and eat some. The door bust open it was Rick “Hey Dad” Carl shouted and ran up for a hug. “There is a meeting tonight I’m going.” “No stay home, you too Carter.” “The meeting is apart of me to.” I advised, “You are staying home.” He demanded “You call this home now?” Carl jumped in the conversation. “Yes” Rick stated.

  “They need us” Carl started to say to Rick but I walked up stairs because I heard something. I opened a door no one is in, I see Sam. “Sam, what the hell are you doing here.” I softly said closing the door behind me. “I’m scared. “ he replied “Why?” “Dad should be coming home soon and he might be mad.” I rolled my eyes to the fact Pete was still alive. “So you came here?” he nodded to my question. “Yeah… I feel like something bad is going to happen at that meeting tonight that includes my dad.” He seemed really frighten. “Sam, what makes you say that?” “I dreamt about it” he slowly replied. “Where is Ron?” “Your second boyfriend?” he teased, with a giggle “No, your brother” I gave him the cold shoulder. “He is home helping mom clean up the window mess.”  “Do you like Ron?” he asked and I stated “As a friend why?”  “He likes you a lot” I knew he liked me I mean he told me he wanted to kiss me. “I’m with Carl, so there isn’t a way for me and Ron to date.” “Don’t him and Enid like each other? “ No” I replied. Carl bust through the door “I was wondering where you went.” He stopped and looked at Sam with a comic book on the ground. “What are you doing here?” he questioned. “Just hanging around” “I’m going to get Ron.” Carl announced. He walked out. “I don’t want to go home.” He whined and I shook my head “You have to.” We waited in silences for 5 minutes and then I had to tell him to fight back.