Chapter four

Escape

Noah’s POV

I’m just mopping floors wasting time I’m ready to get out, I wonder if the new girl woke up yet. I looked up to see her walking with another patient on a gurney. I looked down finishing my job, I’m escaping with her I know she is not going to like it here.

I miss a lot of people; I still cannot believe these people pulled me away from them. I wonder where is all the people I was with my father was the last with me. My father and I got separated from our group and, I will find them when I get out.

I remember I put a lollipop in the new girl’s shirt

I started ironing some clothes then she walked in and she stared at me and I said “I’m Noah, I’m the one that put the lollipop in your shirt” “Thank you…” she said in a soft voice “Beth” she said and than she begin to question the people here and I said  “I’m leaving” I explained to her what they did to my father and I and thought how I was weak when I really not. I can kill more than they think. When she walked out I knew she wasn’t going to say something to Dawn.

After a couple hours I was roaming the hallways and seen Beth in the room with the doctor patient and saw him seizing out. After he stopped Dawn walked in and stabbed him in the head with scissors and asking what happened and I decided to jump up and say “I did it, I tripped over the ventilator while I was mopping and must have unplugged it.”  “Gorman take him” Dawn said while Gorman grabbed me.

Dawn walked in and they started beating me punching me and it was starting to hurt, but I been through worse.  I thought now I’m leaving tomorrow and that’s a promise. I could hear Beth screaming, over the beating I was getting. After that I blanked out.

I woke up and saw Beth we went on the roof and she was about to touch my wounds on my face, I stopped her. “It doesn’t hurt that much, see” I flicked the side of my head and said “doesn’t hurt.” 

“I’m getting out with you” she randomly blurted out I nodded and said “Can you get the key in Dawn’s office.” She nodded

I went to help Dawn putting boxes in a room and looked up at Beth with a clipboard and nodded, she nodded too and Dawn walked in with me and said “thank you Noah, I nodded” watching Gorman walk out “Welcome” I said and Dawn said “Noah, You’re a smart boy” “Oh my gosh don’t start” I said and she said “ what you did yesterday was foolish you should have never taken Beth faults” I said “Why so you could do the same thing you did to me to her” she got in my face and said “Falling in love isn’t going to get you no where in this.” She started walking out “Dawn” I said stopping her she looked at me “I’m not the foolish one here, you are…” I said and saw Beth walking down the hall and Dawn said “Beth are you okay?” and she nodded and said “Gorman is in your office he wanted you.”

Beth and I got our supplies for us escaping and I looked at Beth she had a worried face “what’s wrong” I asked and she said “Nothing” I stopped her “We are getting out of this” and she said “I know” and I nodded and questioned “Gorman?” she looked at me and said ”how did you know” “I saw him walking out… I knew where he was going…” she nodded and said “doesn’t matter he is dead now” and I looked at her and said “how?” and she  “Joan turned… “  I nodded I knew there was more, but I also knew Beth is strong enough for what happened.

We got to the elevator and I was tying her waist up saying “ It’ll be safe.” She nodded and she got in and I help to sheet rope and she got to the end, it was now my turn I started climbing down and she was just watching me and than something grabbed me and it was one of those walkers and I freaked out and let go and landed on the pile of walkers at the end of the elevator, it hurt but I was fine Beth jumped down and got up and said “Are you okay?” I nodded and we walked out of the elevator and Beth took her gun out and started shooting and she shot about three walkers and we finally got in to the light my ears were ringing and we ran to the opening of the fence, Beth stomped on a walkers head.

Beth was ahead I could barley run she started shooting walkers and kicking and I ran for the gate. When I was getting through the gate I saw one of the cops grabbed Beth and arrested her… I got through and stared at her she smiled and I smiled back and ran now my mission was to find help and get Beth out.

I kept running and running as fast as I could all I remember Beth and I shouted “Beth!” and I saw this car destroyed and I looked around to see if there was any weapons or supplies, even better survivors.  I saw nothing I signed I than heard leafs crackling and heard “turn around” I turned to see a tall man with a crossbow pointed at me “Please don’t, I have to find weapons and supplies and go back and get her before she is gone completely”  “Get who? Beth?”  He questioned I nodded and said, “You heard me?” “Yeah, I was looking for her…” I nodded and said, “You’re the person Beth was with before she got kidnapped?” he nodded and said, “Now they have Carol…” he punched the wrecked car and said “Come with me” I decided, to listen and walked with him. While we were walking “Daryl, Daryl Dixon” he randomly blurted out “ “Noah” I said quickly.  It got really dark; we were in the woods and he said, “Wait here” he popped out and I heard two ladies “Where’s Carol?”  “Come on out” Daryl said and I slowly walked out.

“Hey” I said looking down and I heard “Noah?” I looked up to see a blond girl with Green eyes and looked confuse for a second and her face finally came back to my memories “Carter?” I said and she hugged me and said “I haven’t seen you since before the world went to hell” and I said “I seen your brother…” I was a best friend with her brother since middle school with him she stared at me and said, “Where is he?” and I said, “Gone, since I got separated from him, I was with My dad and than got kidnapped. “ she than hugged me again and said “I miss you…” and I laughed and said “Missed you too” the girl with the samurai kept staring at me “I’m Michonne” she said with a hand I shook it and people came running out of the church in front of me “Who is this!” the one shouted with a gun pointing at me. “I’m Noah, and I can help you find Beth.”