chapter six

This Means War!

Carter’s POV

Noah is back with us and Daryl and him explained everything. Carol got kidnap by the same people who kidnap Beth, I never met Beth but I hope I do soon.

“Carter?” Carl randomly questioned I looked at him and said, “Yes” and he asked, “Are you okay?”

 I nodded “why wouldn’t I be?” and he said, “because you seemed confused, or sad” I said “I just want Carol and Beth to come back safe.” Carl hugged my waist “They will.”

“Board up the church” Rick said and everyone started boarding it up and Rick was gathering people for the trip. “I want to go…” I said and Carl jumped up and shouted “No!” I looked at him confused and he said “too risky” and Rick nodded and said “Carter do you really want to go?” I nodded  “You’re not going” Carl said “Why?” I asked and he said, “Too risky” I shook my head “it’s not that risky” “You’re not going” Carl said again. “Fine!” I shouted and stormed off to a room.

He can’t tell me what to do I looked out the door seeing Father Gabriel scrubbing the ground trying to get blood stains out. I shut the door all the way and slid down the door with a big sign.

Carl POV 

“Why don’t you want her to go?” my dad asked and I said, “I don’t want her to die.” “I’m going and I’m not going to die,” he said. I shook my head “You can handle your self, she can’t.” “I hope that you remember she been taking care of ben all by herself, she sliced and diced every walker she came in contact with.” “Dad… I just don’t want her to go…” he nodded “well alright”

Carter’s POV

I walked out seeing Rick had his hand on Carl shoulder like they just had a father and son talk.

Father Gabriel still scrubbing the ground. Rick, Daryl, Sasha, Tyreese, and Noah went on their way to get Carol and Beth.

I saw Michonne, walked up to her. “Hey how are you?” “Good and you?” she asked back. “Good “I responded,  “are you sure?” she asked I said “I don’t know” and she nodded and begin to say something but Carl slammed some weapons on the ground in front of Father Gabriel. “Pick one,” he said. I’m still mad at him so a blanked out and I remember he said something about we protected our self. I looked over to see Father Gabriel picking up the machete. I shook my head Father Gabriel isn’t going to use it, he doesn’t believe in killing… “Waste of weapon” I mumbled and Carl asked “why are you in such a bitchy mood?” I looked at him weird and said “he isn’t going use it that’s all I’m saying, damn what did I do to you.” I said walking to the other room. Carl looked ashamed when I walked away. I heard knocking on the door and I heard Carl’s voice “please let me in can we talk?” I signed and open the door and he shut the door behind him. “I’m sorry, I’m being rude today,” he randomly blurted out. “Why are you?” I went to say but I heard some noises. “Carl is Father Gabriel in the other room?” I asked and he said “Yeah”  “what do you think he is doing?” I asked and he said, “I don’t know…” Carl opens the door and said “Michonne” and Michonne came to the door and he whispered something about going to check on Gabriel. 

I looked over to see Ben waking up on the couch. I got up and went to the couch and Ben got up and said, “Where is everyone?” I said “Went to find Carol” he nodded and said, “why didn’t you go?” “Carl wouldn’t let me” “Why?” he asked and I said, “Doesn’t think I can handle myself I guess” and he laughed and shouted “You!” I questioned “Yeah?” he laughed again. “What’s so funny?” I asked and he said “You out of every girl, you know how to handle yourself so well.” I laughed and said, “Some people don’t think so.” I heard a coughing noise interrupting us.