A Clashing Storm

-Cover art is drawn by my own hands-

Hello lovelys this is a story I've debated on putting out...Due to the dark nature this will have ^^; enjoy this first chapter but let me know if you want more like this!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Water dripped down furrowed brows as he heaved in the brisk air. 

Goosebumps kissed at heated skin, his heart pounding in erratic motion as the grip tightened around his esophagus. The action leaving dark bruises in their wake, the sudden clash of lightning illuminated his enemy, clenched teeth baring fangs as blood dribbled down a chiseled chin.

A strangled laugh vibrated in his throat and soon a sharp pain took over as he collapsed to the pavement, blood filled up his senses, the bitter copper tasted potent as he was forced onto his feet. Misted eyes glared in a grimace and he could've sworn he saw guilt. His mind reeling for his body to fight back even if it ached for him to stop.

A low rumble hit the sky and all he saw was a dark figure tower over him, a low chuckle left him as he became numb to the pain. Rain dripped down the black cowl, blue eyes glowing through the black in a venomous way.

Stars started to dance in his eyes as the cowl soon transformed before his eyes. Fear taking over him as the bat-like creature shrieked as thunder roared below them.

Everything became muffled mess as he clutched onto the worn armor, and bittersweet memory blossomed into his crazed mind as the creature pounded punch after punch into his lean frame. Before he collapsed, he heard a gruff voice somberly whisper into the night "I'm sorry..."

-Three Months Ago-

Jaded eyes stare lazily at the screen, his mind becomes numb as he downs another shot of whiskey the ember liquid burning his esophagus as it dribbles down his chin. The bitter taste lingered on his tongue.

He sat there in the dark, reminiscing about the many lives he could've prevented. The look of horror on the woman's face as she took her last breath before the building collapsed onto her delicate frame.

The slow and painful death of a man burning alive in the vat of acid as his skin became a bubbled mess and his scream of pure agony... Never to see his family again.

It's all his fault. He could've saved them... If only he was faster! If only he had the right gadgets and technology! He could have saved families from getting hurt, lives from being taken.

A dark painted smile gleamed at all the chaos. The same smile that haunted Bruce's dreams as gothamites were burned, shot and tortured like lab rats. Every night without fail, the Joker's laughter could be heard down dark corridors. The sound lingered in the manor like a broken record.

I need to stop this! He thought bitterly, throwing a bruised fist onto the wooden side table. I need to stop, him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intense first chapter no? Let me know what you think and if you wish to have more ^^

Feel free to comment your thoughts or just vote for more :D