A lonely walk home...

I'm glad you guys are enjoying this so far, I really have no idea where this story is going lol but I really loved writing this chapter <3

Enjoy~

------------------------------------------------

Smoke erupted from the sky and Alfred had a feeling something was not right as he heard the blast wipe Wayne enterprise from existence, the building rose into flames and he quickly opened the bat cave in a haste to contact his son.

The news videotaping the horrendous scene as Gothamites were crushed and left to conjoin the crumbled mess of the city. The butler belted into the mic "Bruce?! MASTER BRUCE!" But to no avail the sound reached deaf ears as the billionaire forgot to check in with his faithful companion.

---------------------

The Joker frowned and everyone stared in disbelief, fear wrapping itself around everyone as the clown prince of crime himself entered the bus dropping loose change into a small box before finding a seat in the back. His mind felt numb and he sure as hell was used to the staring and long drowned out whispers. Brushing loose strands from his face, the Joker closed his eyes letting out an empty sigh linger in the uneasy atmosphere.

His mind wandering back to his last dance with his beloved bats, the beat down he had received, his body still ached from the whole ordeal. Bouncing his knee in a reflective coping mechanism, he scanned the bus for anything that would remind him of his roots. That is when it clicked, memories so pleasant and so fairy tale like that it could be from a Disney movie.

He smiled, a true smile nothing malicious nothing hidden or coated in evil intent. Just a complete normal smile, the type of smile he used when he was not a murderous clown planning and scheming to ruin the lives of Gotham. The bitter taste of lime lingered on his tongue as a memory conjured inside his mind of a beautiful brunette. Her voice soft and sweet as she sang, a dark wooden rocking chair squeaks every time she eats a spoonful of pie. Her song went up in sound as her lyrics became clear.

"I'm Sorry, so sorry...That I was such a fool~" She started to knit, and her figure warped into an audience as I stood there on the stage adjusting my tie before taking the microphone starting a joke. "My father always said, smile before a lady or else she'll think you're no go-"

A scream echoed through the room and the Joker snapped, laughter escaped his lungs and he scanned the room till his eyes landed on a pregnant woman looking all too familiar for his taste, a pained smile forming on to his lips as he passed her making his way towards the bus doors soon getting off to trudge through the dim streets of Gotham.

Decaying apartment buildings filled with druggies hiding in their rooms as others search through bins of trash like rats scavenging for food. The Joker had one destination, his thoughts on replay as the accident haunted him. A never-ending video of unspoken events, forgotten and buried with the lives of many. Exhaling he walked up rusted stairs, the metal cool on his skin as the night air filled with smoke.

Stopping at the fourth story, he looked through the fogged window. He gritted his teeth at the scene of a woman and a man dancing near an old fireplace, the woman's head fell back as laughter erupted from her form and the man soon joined in. The Joker grabbing his switchblade contemplating whether to paint the haunted walls in red or leave them at peace, turning on his heel he walked away, and anxiety washed over him.

Throwing his head back bursts of laughter became a bubbled mess as tears formed slowly cascading down his bleached skin the action alone stung his flesh, a pained scream bellowed out. Taking a small hand pistol from a secret mechanism in his coat, he points the gun at his head inhaling as he cocks it in place. Exhaling he pulls the trigger, a flag extracting itself from its confines, a small chuckle leaves him, and he tries again, the soft click taunting his existence as he belted a scream as he tossed the toy gun over his shoulder.

Cursing he slowly makes his way back home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit of back story~ I really enjoy the Killing Joke and took that and applied the theory of the Joker remembering everything. A sad pained story of his life...*sighs* Thank you for reading <3

Please feel free to leave a vote or comment <3

See you all again soon~