25 | Stripped

V E R A

━━━━━━━━━━

"Thank you,"

I expressed to Damien as the water grew warm against my worn skin. Climbing in behind me, he gently pulled my body against his and began to slowly massage away any knots that sat on my shoulders.

Closing my eyes, I grew comfortable under his touch as he kneaded at every aching muscle that coerced my body. Laying my head back against his shoulder, I fully fought the urge to fall asleep in his arms. My nose filled with scents of rose and vanilla as I felt Damien begin to lather soap over my body, making sure not to irritate my slightly broken skin, courtesy of the sharp knife that had just been pressed against me not too long ago.

Cupping handfuls of water, I helped him wash the bubbles from my body. Feeling his lips meet the side of my neck, I titled my head and let out a meager moan as he left tiny kisses to the end of my shoulder. He then brought his hands to my breasts and softly groped, making me lean against his body a little more.

Turning my head slightly, I pressed my lips against his and gave into a rather sweet kiss before pulling away from him completely. Moving to the opposite side of the bathtub, I was now facing Damien, his once styled curls fell unruly across his forehead—his face clad with an exhausted appearance.

"How are you feeling?" He spoke, playing with the gold chain that sat on his neck.

"I should ask you the same," I responded, pulling my hair up into a weak bun.

"Don't play," He pushed.

Knowing that he wasn't one for asking surface-level questions, I took a minute or so to think of a response. While I knew communication after sex was imperative, Damien's question didn't come from a place of curiosity, asking me if I liked or disliked the things we did. Judging the concerned look on his face, he was asking about Luke.

"I'm...I'm getting through it?" I poorly tried convincing.

Sighing, I sunk lower into the water and brought one of my hands up to the side edge of the bathtub, tapping my fingers along the rim.

"I know it's been a month since he physically did anything to me but sometimes I can't help but feel like he's still here," I continued. "I don't know, I just don't think I'm processing all of this properly..."

Biting my lip, I felt my eyes become glossy; tears ready to fall.

"Come here," Damien held his arms out.

Moving closer to him, I brought my legs over either side of his thighs, now straddling him. Bringing both of his hands up to my face, he caressed the side of my face while my own hands wrapped around his arms for support.

"You know there's no proper way to deal with this, right?" He softly reassured, rubbing circles with his finger, on the side of my neck.

"I can only imagine how you're feeling and I know that it'll take some time for you to feel safe again but know that you're safe with me, okay? I know I'm just your boss but don't hesitate to ask me for anything,"

Our sweet laughs filled the bamboo-clad room, both of us knowing that he was much more than that.

"Understood, Mr. Dupont." I jokingly responded, his reassurance filling me with relief.

The next hour was spent indulging in each other's company as we tended to each other. Between introspective conversations about why Damien's favorite color was blue and why I preferred sunsets over sunrises, filling the bathtub up with more bubbles, and exchanging lighthearted innuendos—we distracted each other from the tension that lingered, due to today's events.