Author's Note & FAQ

A F T E R W O R D

First things first, I said we'd survive, right?

Eight months, restless nights, averaging about four cups of chai a day and take-out, deleted drafts, crumpled up post-it notes, over one-hundred thousand words, and three-hundred pages, and I've finally completed the first draft of Muse. Granted, I don't know what the fuck was going on in those first several chapters, but hey, if you wanna dive, you gotta learn to swim first and you don't always do perfectly on the first try. The point is, I finished.

To get super fucking sappy, even though y'all already know how I feel about you, and that no amount of thank you's will ever be enough, I'd still like to make it known that I have so much fucking love for every single one of you. Whether it be in my comment section or in my dms, you've all shown up for me in ways that no one else has ever done, and that warm feeling has cocooned me so tightly. Y'all truly do take me away from the chaos of my life, and it means the most.

❦ 

Now, to answer some of your questions.

Are you going to write more stories in the realm of Muse?

I went back and forth with this decision for a long time, and unfortunately, the answer for right now is no. Muse will remain a standalone until further notice as I want to work on revisions and turning this story into something more than it already is. I also don't know if I have anything more to say for Vera and Damien's story. I may write bonus chapters sometime in the future, but for now, their love stays as written.

That being said, there is the chance for a possible story, a novella if anything, for Cordelia. She's my favorite character, and someone whose life I would love to dive into, and so if I ever find more inspiration for her in the future, I'll let y'all know. As for those who want a story for Nicolas, as much as I love that man, a story of his own has never crossed my mind. Again, never say never, though.

Will you ever publish Muse as an actual book?

That's the dream. It'll take some time as I've just started to work with someone, but if everything goes according to plan, maybe, just maybe, you'll be able to get your hands on a physical copy within the next year? One with a discrete cover, of course.

Why the constant reminder of readers needing to be 18+?

I've gotten this question several times, and the simple answer is: This is adult content. Look, I know Wattpad is a wild place filled with questionable content, and I, myself, first got on this app at a very young age. However, it doesn't mean it's okay. Even if something is fiction, even if you think you're mature enough, sometimes it can be extremely difficult to differentiate fantasy from reality in these cases, and without even realizing it, the content you take in affects you. Especially if you're literally a kid.

I'm going to sound like Damien for a second here. You might think you want everything that happened in this book to happen to you, but it's not black and white like that. Power imbalances are very real, grooming is very real, being coerced into thinking you enjoy hard kinks is very real. As much as I create safe spaces around the general idea of owning your sensuality, this still isn't the holy grail for your sex life. You can enjoy, and still, understand that a lot of these relationship dynamics are not always ethical or honest in real life.

If there is anything you take away from this, let it be to think for yourself and to do your research on the things you're interested in. Talk to people in the kink community, find a close group of people you can trust when you're ready to be open about these things, and actually have the necessary conversations before engaging in anything. Everything that revolves around your sexuality and sensual journey is something you need to invest time into learning. Knowing what you like doesn't happen overnight, and it certainly won't fully come to you through a fictional story. Don't let fabricated smut dictate your reality.

Where can I find you on socials?

Literally everywhere. All of my socials are in my carrd in my bio. I'm mostly active on Instagram and Twitter at femalevoyeur. You can also find me on my other Instagram account, inbedwithastranger if you're interested in my thought process, mood boards, along with any inspiration I get for my works.

So, girl in red?

Took me a minute to realize y'all weren't asking about Vera. This question has absolutely nothing to do with my work, and yet, my message requests are filled with this one. Y'all are mad funny. I already said Cordelia was my favorite character, so duh, girl in red.

What are you writing next? The theme?

One word. Run.

I'll update this if ever I have new announcements about Muse or the next story I'm working on, but that's all for now. It's finally time for me to go back in and take care of Vera and Damien from the start. The frame of their story being completed is quite the bittersweet feeling, and it's only the beginning. Thank you for sticking around this long and for letting Muse be a part of your timeline. This year has been a fucking rollercoaster for me, and what brought me back to myself was this story and all of you, the ones who brought it to life.

In every lifetime. I'll see you in the next one.

Love, Kay