Drive

{Previously on she:

Are you kidding?. No license for 16."

"Ok, I'll bring one. It is needed. I'll pick you guys up after school"

"Without a license?" Radha's jaw dropped.

"Why are you taking everything serious, Radha?. We are not going that far. Even if we get caught, I'll bail you out. You can take my word. " Smrithi winked.}

"So, where are we going?" Shyam asked.

Three of them are sitting on the back. Smrithi is driving. And Radha is sitting in front seeing the speedometer to make sure that the speed does not exceed the limit.

"Fine. No answer"

"Straighten your seat belt, guys" smrithi said without looking back. "I'm driving for the first time"

Everyone was stunned.

"Krithi, tell me I heard it wrong" Sam blabbers.

"I'M DRIVING FOR THE FIRST TIME," smrithi said firmly turning back.

"Watch out!!!" Shyam shouted.

In a flash of a second, they escaped from a fast-approaching truck. Smrithi changed the steering at the right time. It came to a halt.

Everyone was sitting still.

"Where the hell is my seat belt?" Sam broke the silence in panic. "No seat belt to the middle man?". Sam vented in between searching for it. He looked at Shyam and krithi who is sitting still with the seatbelt on. "So no one cares about my life".

Suddenly Shyam thought of Radha who is sitting in front.

"Oh my god!. Radha!!". Shyam unfastened his seatbelt and leaned forward to check on her. "Radha, are you okay?"

Radha was speechless, motionless, and nothing else. Shyam and Sam looked at each other.

Sam shook her "RADHA!!"

She came to life. "So this is real?". She blinked.

"Perfect question" Sam breathes out. "You brought the hell out of us". He slipped back to his seat.

"What is this, smrithi?" Krithi growled at her.

"Right question"

"Shut up, Sam. I'm serious"

"Hey, do I look like normal?. I would have been serious in ICU by now"

"Let us go home. It's not safe anymore, smrithi. Drop us"

"Sorry, guys. It will not happen again. Trust me"

"Trust you?. Trust the one who is driving for the first time?. Do you think we are mad?" Krithi asked.

"What I mean by driving for the first time is, I've seen my father driving and I also did when he was with me. I drove before. But this is the first time I'm doing it alone. Got my point?"

This convinced them somewhat.

"Radha, do you want to come back?" Shyam asked.

"I wish to. But you know it's difficult in the middle of the road" Radha replied back.

It takes time for Radha to get to any place as proper care is needed. Even if small things go wrong it may affect her physically as the bones and muscles are highly fragile for people like them.

"Ok fine. Fasten the seat belt". Radha did the same.

Smrithi placed her hand on Radha. "Sorry, Radha. It won't happen again".