second sign

No matter how far we go in our life, fear will always follow us. Sometimes it drives us and sometimes it drowns us. But most of us will never try to find the root cause of it, because we all are very busy, trying to escape from it. And this escaping process will always end up in something we don't know.

Radha Is almost two years now. She talked, walked and does all sort of work with Avi. She talked fluently in her early stages. She is a happy girl. And ignorance is a bliss in her case. Meanwhile liya and Ajith tried many doctors, but no one could exactly diagnose what it is. The doctor's will be like "It might be", "it may be" "try this medicine" and most often it'll be "Don't worry".

"Ma, how are you?" Liya asked, holding the phone in one hand and feeding Radha on the other.

"How can one not be fine when you have a character like your Appa?".

Lakshmanan, liya's father is a drama artist with an experience of 50yrs and a kind of humourous old man who'll crack jokes without thinking where and when. He used to say "if there is no humour in life then most of the people will die out of tumor". And of course, it'll usually be late 60s.

"Everyone is fine here, liya. How are Radha and Avi?" Asked Preethi, from the other line.

"They both are talking in a language which we don't even know, ma. Avi will be like 'radha, you know this?" and she'll be like " I know this" and then when they see me watching them, they'll turn around, will show their innocent smile pretending that they know nothing" Liya said, with one eye on Radha to make sure whether or not she understood it.

Liya could hear her mother laugh.

"What did the doctor said?"

"As usual, ma. They don't know what is it exactly"

"How is she walking now? You said she is getting slipped a lot"

"Yes, ma. Not a lot, though. Ajith said it is usual when taking first steps. But Her walk doesn't look usual to me," liya said.

"It'll be fine, liya. It takes time" Preethi said. "What about the rituals I told you to perform at the nearby temple?"

This is where fear will often drive us to.There is a saying "The one who believe in God and the one who doesn't believe in God are the same. Because they both believe in something they don't know". Usually, when we don't know what to do, we'll put our full faith in something we don't know. And thus comes the GOD. This is what exactly happened in Radha's case.

"Yes, ma. Done all kinds of rituals in all the temples you told me to" liya said, irritably.

"Everything happens for reason. God will always be with us" Preethi said, assuring.

"Not when you do something knowingly" liya said in anger

"knowingly?" Preethi asked.

"You've done your obligations as you always wanted to, ma," liya said. "You always wanted to get me out of the house. And you did that. Job done!!"

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, ma" liya said, sobbing.

"That's what every mother does. It's not getting you out of the house, liya" Preethi said.

"I don't even know how it'll be like to have a family in that age, ma. What is wrong if I get married at 27 instead of 23? Atleast I would have known something?"

"What are you talking about, liya? What others will say?"

"Yeah!!. This is what I call obligation, ma. Others will not live the life that I'm living now," liya said.