Blueprint

"Please tell there is no assembly, " Radha asked, after resting in her place.

"6th to 10th standard students assemble in the indoor auditorium immediately," the school pupil leader announced from the Dais.

"We'll be there for you," Shyam said after looking at the pathetic face of Radha.

"We'll be at the right time if we start to walk from now," smrithi sneaked in between. She disappeared before getting the reply.

"Where is she?" Sam asked.

"Why you care?. Let's move forward" Shyam said.

krithi got hold of Radha's hand and smiled "Now we can walk safely".

Note the word "we" not "you".

Sometimes the infrastructure around us make the differently abled people to feel like disabled. Because whenever they are trying and forcing themselves to come out of their shell, the stairs, sandy surfaces and many more mock them by saying "You can't".

They walked towards the auditorium. There are two ways for it. One side will be often used by the school and the other side is where Radha will be climbing, which will be used only during cultural. And this side will usually be closed, not locked. Everyone will be standing at the middle of the auditorium. The auditorium is large so no one can see from the middle who is approaching towards them from the other side. Curtains will be on both the sides through which one can see what is happening out there but no one can see IN.

As soon as Radha got sight of that two steps, blue print appears. Everything else blurred.

Her eyes first went in search of the handrail with which she is going to climb up

Her eyes first went in search of the handrail with which she is going to climb up. Then her brain reminded, "No, Radha. Don't look for left handrail, you cannot hold it with your left hand". Her eyes responded immediately by averting the gaze towards the right. A board meeting is going inside her head. Eyes is acting as a projector. Legs and hands are board members. And the brain is the head of all. And it was like, "Right leg, do you think you can climb it?". And the right leg was like "can i get the measurement?". And the eyes said "the tread and riser will probably be slightly under 1'6" (45 cm) and the width will be around 2'6" - 3' (76cm * 93cm)". Right leg said "yeah, I think I can". "I think I can't" left leg cut in between. "Don't worry, I'll raise you up by putting the full weight on me" right leg winked. Left leg blushed. "Ok, enough flirting. Now concentrate on the steps" brain reminded. "So eyes, make sure that the steps are not slippery and sandy". Eyes zoomed in "All clear". "Ok then ready to go" the brain ordered.

Radha is now near to the step. Her hands got hold of the right handrail and krithi got her left hand for support. She made her first step with right leg. No, left leg is not coming up. Sweat is dripping off her. Brain reminded "Radha, ask krithi to hold you tight". And Radha was like "krithi,can you hold it tight?". Krithi holds it tight. Now right leg fullfills it's promise. It took all the weight and lifted the left leg indicating "I'll never leave you behind". 1st step was accomplished. They followed the same process for the next step. And heart was all the time saying "you can do it. I trust you". Finally she did.