Power of words

Present day....

Ajith somehow managed to bring liya home after hearing that tremendous news. She is broken. Every morning when she woke up, she wished to forget everything as a bad dream but each time she saw Radha, “what if?” will flood her mind. “i should have done that" "I should have cancelled the trip" . The guilt is slowly killing her. She barely slept. She barely ate. Fear of unknown will be worse. But fear of known will be terrible. The more she tries to get out of it, the more she gets into it. When she was wondering what to do, she received a call. And that is the sign that she receive from up above.

She sobbed everything. “Nidhi, I can’t take it anymore. It feels like dying,”

“I’ll be there at 10 minutes,”

Nidhi is Liya’s best friend since childhood. She is the only one who goes with a quote “A friend in need is the friend indeed”.

As soon as she entered, Avi greeted her with a big hug.

“I’ve got something for you” avi said, disappeared into a room, and brought a chocolate box.

“What is this, Avi?” Nidhi asked, lifting him up.

Radha is now seeing her hand and disappointed as there is nothing to give.

“You told me to keep it safe last time,”

Meanwhile Radha rushed in.

“Yeah, right? I forgot. Very good Avi” she said in excitement. She looked at Radha, who tied her hand at the back, hiding something.

“Let me see what Radha is hiding”. Nidhi knelt down before her and asked what it is.

Radha brought her hand from the back slowly and handed her something. Nidhi looked at it. It was a toy tea cup with nothing inside.

“What I need to do with this, Radha?”.

“Drink it,”

Nidhi did as said “yummy”. Radha giggled. “Do you want another one?”

“Stomach full" Nidhi said without disappointing her. “Avi, take her outside and play”

Nidhi double checked to make sure that gate is closed.

Avi took Radha’s hands and went off.

She then went near to liya who is still immersed in thoughts and sat beside her. There is a complete silence.

No one talked for a while.

“What if I raised a voice against them?. Radha would have escaped from this. Right? Nidhi?” Liya asked, looking at her.

“Why you didn’t?”

“Fear of disrespect"

“STOP saying that, liya” Nidhi shouted back. “Saying what you feel is not disrespect!!”

Liya doesn't say a word.

“Ok, fine!. What is the worst thing that can happen if you disrespect them?”

Liya is looking down.

“Look at me and answer, liya”

“Cuss words, mistreatment …..”

“You will not die right?”

“What do you mean, Nidhi?” liya said, startled.

“You will be alive, liya. You will not kill yourself like the way you are doing now,” Nidhi stressed the point, firmly.

Tears are tricking down.

“Do you know what?, Fear will never let us to go anywhere, liya”

Liya looked at Nidhi.

“Cry as much you want, but once you are done, never cry for the same reason ever again,” Nidhi completed the sentence.

“What about Radha?. How am I going to raise her up, Nidhi? It's all my fault!!. It's all my FAULT,” liya sobbed again.

“You don't know it!. And Radha doesn't know it either,” Nidhi said, calmly.

Something strikes liya.

“Radha don’t know about it,” liya repeated it.

“You got me, liya,” Nidhi smiled.

“But how is it possible?. She will know it eventually. We cannot hide from her all the time.”

“Let her know when she needs to know it”

“We cannot be with her all the time, Nidhi. If she goes to school, She’ll definitely feel different. And one can clearly see the flaw from the way she walks”

“You are right!!. She’ll talk to many. But she trusts only you and Ajith,” Nidhi said.

“But how will I …”

“Words!!” Nidhi said. “Words have the power to heal the soul. If you can make her feel the nerve conduction as an ant bite, then you can sow anything in her mind”.

Liya thought for a while.

"Will it not disappoint her when she grows up?"

"We are not gonna tell lie, liya. Our mission is to make her feel special. And the only one who can do that is YOU and your WORDS"

Liya wiped her tears, looked at Radha who is playing joyfully and stated “I can”

“Yes, I know you can, liya,” Nidhi suggested, placed her arms around liya. “Don't cry in front of her. Raise her like a normal kid. She deserves it”

Liya hugged Nidhi closely, “Thank you for being here, Nidhi”

“I’ll always be”

Avi and Radha dashed towards them. Radha sat with liya and Avi made himself comfortable on Nidhi's lap.

“Avi, can I take Radha home?” Nidhi commented.

“No!!. She is MY SISTER,” Avi shrieked.

“No, no, I’ll take her home,” Nidhi said again.

This time, Avi stood up, went near Radha and urged, “To whom you want to be with, Radha? Anna or Nidhi Aunty?” He questioned.

Radha squinted at both of them for a second and pointed at Avi “Anna!”

“See, she prefers to be with me. You can't take her”

Nidhi and liya burst out laughing.

“You should take care of her all the time. Ok?” Nidhi said.

Avi nodded “I promise”

When Ajith returned from work, liya narrated everything to him. “It's a great idea. And I know you are good at it” Ajith responded with hope.

How can life be hard when one doesn’t know what "HARD" is?

Do you think it is possible?
To be continued.......