Who is she?

[Previously on sHe:
Her backpack seems to be heavier than before. She could hear the assembly bell but could not take one step further. Her legs are not cooperating with her. Someone deep inside her is saying “I’m differently abled, I’m differently abled, I’m differently abled”. But her mind is not ready to listen. She fainted slowly.]

"She is overthinking like you" The doctor said. "Remember?. The day you fainted when you come to know about her syndrome?”

It was our doctor padmanaban.

“Plus her health is getting worse,”

“But why now?” Liya asked

“When her age increases, her weight will increase, which in turn will make her walk difficult as she cannot withstand her weight in the legs..”

“Radha, I need you to wait outside,” liya said in between.

“No way. Let me know about me,” Radha said.

“Radha, RESPECT!” Ajith commanded.

Radha waffled.

“She needs to know it. Let her be here,” The doctor said.

“Listen radha, you cannot change the fact that you are differently abled, but you can change the way you think. It’s all in you,” The doctor said.

Radha is not ready to believe or trust anyone. But still she nodded “yes”

“Good. You need to do another thing,”

Radha listened.

“You need to allow your mother to drop you In the class every day!”

“What?”

“You need to, radha!. You cannot go alone,”

“I’m in 9th grade. Do you still think, I can’t go alone?. If weight is the problem, then I’ll give my bag to my friend.” Radha argued.

“No, radha. There are a lot of chances for getting slipped. You already got sprain. You know it, right?”

She saw her leg, which is wounded with some sort of bandaid.

“You’ll know how it hurts when you go home. I don’t want it to happen again,” the doctor suggested.

She looked at liya whose face is dull as hell.

“Okay! I agree,”

“What about in school?” Liya enquired.

“My friends are there for me!!” Radha said.

“But you must be careful, Radha,” the doctor said.

“I’ll be fine!” Radha replied.

Sprain is not a big deal for many. But it’s a big thing to those who limp all the way because they cannot even limp with that cramp. So the sufferer is not the one who is having it. The sufferer is the one who is taking care of them. As far as Radha, it’s the worst part. For each and every step, she needs to depend on liya.

In short, liya need to be with her all the time. Walking becomes further more difficult when the fear of falling blends with the fear of seeing someone suffering because of them. What looks 2 steps to others started to look like 200 to her.

The school made necessary arrangements to make her comfortable. Teachers are therapist and friends are her pills . Friends plays a major role in her life. All have one thing in common. That is, No matter how much they care, they’ll never show it off. They’ll say stupid things at your face and will smack the face of those who call you stupid.