Little princess

Radha is now packing her school bag not with books but with snacks box, pencil box and with all kinds of school stuffs. She is highly excited to go to school as avi elaborated it in a fantasy way. He was like “Radha!!, It will be filled with toys and colours”. Now Radha is imagining herself on the top of the clouds surrounded by toys which reflect the colours of the rainbow in the sky.

And this school part is one of the worst fears of liya. She doesn’t want Radha to know about her syndrome. But still she cannot control something’s which is out of her control. Then she remembered Nidhi’s “WORDS”

“Radha!!” Liya called her out.

Radha limped towards her.

“Do you remember what I said?”

“The way you see the world must not be decided by others,” Radha said as told.

But she does not understand what it actually is. Liya explains as many times and she also know Radha is not matured enough to understand this. But still she believes in the power of sowing the words into her mind.

What you sow, you reap.

“Never ever forget this!!” Liya said firmly.

Now there is an extra passenger in the Maruti Suzuki Max 100r. Avi is sitting in front with a cooling glass, Ajith is wearing a Ben 10 back pack, Radha is sitting in Liya’s lap at the back.

Parents are allowed in kindergarten to drop their kids in the classroom. As soon as they reached Radha’s classroom, the teacher greeted her. Yes, you read it right. The teacher greeted Radha and not the vice versa.

And it surprised the teacher, as it is very rare to see kids like her in a CBSE school. Liya explained her condition to the teacher. She responded with a generous smile, “I’ll take care”. Liya bid farewell and left. Radha is busy looking for the rainbow. She scanned the entire room. Then she spotted a picture of it pasted in the wall. She expected a real one, but still it somewhat satisfied her. Only then she pondered at the kids sitting around with a handkerchief pinned on their uniform. Some are crying and some are smiling. Now she needs to decide the way she wants to see the world. Kids will always be curious at those things, which we don’t even consider as things. Finally, she decided. Boys are Avi and girls are her (radha). Because she knows only about them. And now it felt as home to her.

Suddenly liya showed up in her mind. She then went near to the teacher who is standing at the doorway facing outside. She yanked her shawl slightly, “Ma?”

The teacher spun round and added, “I’m not Ma, you can call me mam.”

But both sounds same to her.

“Ma?” Radha said again.

“Oh!! You are asking about your mom ah?” she replied with a smile.

Radha nodded.

“She’ll be back in few hours. Till then we can play. Okay?” Teacher said. “Now go and sit in your place,”

And the class went on. Games, rhymes, alphabets, etc. They let the kids to socialize with each other. And by the way, do you guys know how to breathe?. Just because you are breathing doesn’t mean you know it. And yet it is a basic thing for survival. But unfortunately, it will not be taught in our schools. Most of the schools will teach you to go in search for the things which we don’t have instead of using the things we have within us.

When Radha came back home, liya expected some cry from her. But it is totally opposite.

She is filled with joy and she explained in detail about the things happened in the school.