Letter

“Get down, Sam. NOW!!" Radha shouted at Sam who is standing on the cupboard with a paper tangling in his hand.

“Dear smrithi. I owe you an apology...” Sam read out loud.

"I didn't wrote dear smrithi and all"

"So what? I'll add it up"

“Sam, give that to me,”

“Shyam!!. Come here. This girl is writing a love letter to smrithi” Sam called out with a hilarious laugh.

Everyone is in Radha’s house.

Shyam rushed with a handful of snacks. “Really!!. Congratulations, Radha” Shyam said, reaching out for her hand.

Radha rejected by tapping it aside. “Get that paper from him”

Shyam squinted at Sam and raised his hands up. Sam handed it over like a very good boy by getting a snack in return. “You must give something to get something”

“Fine!!. Now give that to me,”

“Give something to get something” Shyam said by fending off the paper to the other side.

“You already have everything in your hand. What else you want?”

“That’s your problem.” He continued the letter. “..I owe you an apology for mistreating you. I wish I knew this before...” He read by swinging his hand in symphony.

“Shyam!!” Radha shouted.

“Time to tell your magical word” Shyam said looking at the paper.

Sam covered his ears in precaution.

“AMMA!!” Radha screamed to the peak.

“Little late” Shyam murmured.

Liya and krithi entered the room with the tray filled with glasses. “Started your fight, ah?. Now what?,” Liya asked. She is about to place it in the cupboard.

“Ma, wait, wait”. Radha went near, took a glass and limped towards shyam and handed over it to him.

“How sweet you are, Radha” Shyam said, sipping the juice.

“Now give that to me.”

“I’ll take back that word” Shyam shrugged. Radha grabbed it from him and stuffed it inside her pocket.

“What’s that?” Liya asked.

“Love letter, aunty” Sam said with his mouth full.

“What?”

Sam took a sip and after a gulp he said, “lo..”

“Leave letter, ma” Radha managed a bit.

Three others looked at one another. They thought liya know about smrithi.

Radha blabbered “Leave letter for krithi, ma”.

“Can’t even a say a single lie,” Shyam said in her ears. “Move aside before she smells something fishy,”

Radha is not good at telling lies.

“Ah, actually, krithi is going out for a vacation, aunty. So she asked her to write the letter, ” Shyam sugar coated the lie.

“I see.. But,”

“The juice is so good, aunty,” shyam cuts in between

“Ok, I’ll bring some more “liya said and went in the kitchen.

“Are you out of your mind, Sam?” Radha vented

“How do I know?. I thought she knows, ” Sam said, crunching.