Her Moonlit face

Radha is resting on the floor. A table fan is beside her and besides the table fan, lays he, asking questions. The scene is about to take place in few minutes. Liya is doing her household works, her mother-in-law is busy taking care of her daughter’s son. Her father-in-law is busy reading the newspaper. And her daughter is busy watching TV. So evidently, no one is near the baby. If you are wondering why her daughter is in home, then the answer is quite obvious, her husband is in abroad.

Aavnish turned toward Radha and questioned, “why can’t you talk?, dhadha”. He couldn’t spell the name properly.

As we all know, there cannot be any possible reply. But he again urged her by shaking hands. This time, too, there cannot be any reply. And now he becomes too disappointed and he sat in an upright position to have a better view. Radha blinked for a second and then turned to the other side.

Now aavnish is red with anger and bursted “I am your ELDER BROTHER!!. you need to show some respect, dhadha”. But again, no reply.

This time he gave up the idea of pinching her cheeks when he looked at the table fan near her. He went near to it, glimpsed at Radha and fan one at a time. Then It fell down with a big Bang!!. Radha gave out a long cry.

Everyone rushed towards the room, liya picked up Radha and gave an immense sigh as the fan doesn’t drop on her. She sends a furious look at aavnish, clutched his fist in rage and gave a slow thud on his back.

Meanwhile, her mother-in-law entered the room and cussed, “what on earth is going on here. You are unfit to be a mother, liya . Who will keep a table fan beside a baby!!. Haven’t your mother taught any of these basic things??. Your son is just like you. Useless!! “.

One of the most horrible word that no mother would wish to hear.

Liya doesn’t have any other thing to keep her baby comfy. It was a 2 BHK house where one room was occupied by his daughter and the other room was occupied with her things. And for name’s sake, they say it to be the room of Ajith. No ceiling fan ,no windows, it was a dark room with a bright light and a table fan. Her daughter will allow no one inside her room.But yet again, liya and ajith will not raise voice against them because they were brought up in such a way. A typical Indian family. Must respect the elders!!

Liya took Radha in one hand, grabbed aavnish in the other and went inside the kitchen controlling her tears. It is the only place where no one will show up as she is the only one who will cook for the entire family. She placed Radha near her, sat down in the corner. By hiding her face inside her knees, she sobbed helplessly.

Aavnish was seeing all this from a distance. He went near to her, raised up her chin and asked, “Ma, did I make you cry?. I was just playing with dhadha “

In between the sob, liya asked, “Then why did you push it down?“

“I didn’t ma,”

“I’ve told you many times, don’t tell lie “ she said

“I promise!!. I didn’t ma! “

“Then who did? “

“Sudha Aunty” Her mother-in-law's daughter.

“But I haven’t seen her in the room “

“Aunty came there to take her dress. When she left, her leg hit the fan. I pushed it aside when it was about to fall on Radha, ma “he answered, in a low voice.

Liya is out of words. She hugged him tightly. With her tears rolling, she said, “I’m sorry, aavnish!!. I should have asked you before. And yes, you are like me. You are like me, aavnish!!. I’m proud of you “